New job, new car

Soldato
There is nothing actually wrong with it though. Unlike the E60 which from the way you talk about it is a mechanical nightmare...

I wonder if you will be saying the same thing if you bought an F10 5 series in a few years. Would you turn around and say its x year old now, DON'T BUY CAR RELEASED MORE THAN X YEARS AGO?

Soldato
To be fair the a3 is and feels very old now, nearly ten years. There's nothing wrong with it as such no but other cars even from the same stable and based on the same platform are that little bit more modern now and imo offer more. I still love the 8p s3 but the a3 design has had its day....around 5 years ago

Also the application of "drls" on the a3 in particular simply cannot be forgiven (I know why they're there), who the hell signed that off?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
To be fair the a3 is and feels very old now, nearly ten years. There's nothing wrong with it as such no but other cars even from the same stable and based on the same platform are that little bit more modern now and imo offer more. I still love the 8p s3 but the a3 design has had its day....around 5 years ago

Also the application of "drls" on the a3 in particular simply cannot be forgiven (I know why they're there), who the hell signed that off?

Still like the looks of the A3, but it's too small IMO.

Man of Honour
I wonder if you will be saying the same thing if you bought an F10 5 series in a few years. Would you turn around and say its x year old now, DON'T BUY CAR RELEASED MORE THAN X YEARS AGO?

Probably, yes?

I'm not saying don't buy an A3 I'm saying don't spend £18k on one!

Soldato
Ok what about......an is250 - well put together, nice inside and well kitted out. The service you get from lexus is supposedly superb and the car will meet your performance criteria though needs a bit of strangling if you want to hurry it along.

Soldato
Alright.. Lexus GS450h. Like this one.

Plenty of power, lots of nice gadgets, comfortable, well within budget. Reliable and feels modern although the outgoing model. Fuel efficiency and tax actually pretty good, considering. And remember it's a £40-50,000 car new and you really do notice the quality.

Permabanned
Alright.. Lexus GS450h. Like this one.

Plenty of power, lots of nice gadgets, comfortable, well within budget. Reliable and feels modern although the outgoing model. Fuel efficiency and tax actually pretty good, considering. And remember it's a £40-50,000 car new and you really do notice the quality.

Does it have £40-50,000 luxury car esque bills as well?

Back
Top Bottom