** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
On my unit the gamer 1 default mode was a bit too cool around 7000k. That's assuming you've not changed anything else like colour temp or RGB settings.
That's very interesting, I did make sure to use the same brightness, contrast and black stabiliser but Gamer 1 was still warmer by default.

I'll give the ICC profile a go and see how it compares, thanks again for putting it up early :)

Associate
So the profile has made some improvements, although small, but it is slightly less warm than before so whites and greys look more like they should with less of a tint.

@Baddass How would you say the sRGB compares to the Gamer 1 mode after calibration on your panel?

Man of Honour
So the profile has made some improvements, although small, but it is slightly less warm than before so whites and greys look more like they should with less of a tint.

@Baddass How would you say the sRGB compares to the Gamer 1 mode after calibration on your panel?
sRGB mode is already well calibrated out of the box but the main thing is that it offers the smaller gamut emulation. Gamer 1 uses the full native gamut so is better for gaming and multimedia (inc HDR content) if you want the more vivid and bright colours. You can use the sRGB mode though if you're doing any colour critical work outside of a colour managed workflow

Associate
sRGB mode is already well calibrated out of the box but the main thing is that it offers the smaller gamut emulation. Gamer 1 uses the full native gamut so is better for gaming and multimedia (inc HDR content) if you want the more vivid and bright colours. You can use the sRGB mode though if you're doing any colour critical work outside of a colour managed workflow
I was mostly looking at the sRGB mode as a comparison to get the whites right, at least what looks right to my eyes. I started from your settings and profile and just nudged up the blue a tiny bit and I'm happy with where how it looks now. I don't do anything colour critical so ultimately it just needs to look good to me but it definitely helps to use someone else's calibrated profile and settings to get in the ballpark, from there I can at least expect the deviation between panels to be be too far off.

Associate
Gamer 1 is oversaturated and not really accurate imo, the white point seems far too high, used the icc profile here and adjusted rgb accordingly and seems to be a much more accurate warmish white point

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just stumbled into this thread whilst considering a monitor upgrade. Is the only drama I have missed is a delayed launch?

Got my eye on the 27" as quite a few people here seem to :). I am currently using an IPS 27" 1440p but want to upgrade in the gaming department and photo editing, and want Freesync.

Edit - specs on the 27" look great!! Not bothered about its weak HDR implementation.

Associate
Just stumbled into this thread whilst considering a monitor upgrade. Is the only drama I have missed is a delayed launch?

Got my eye on the 27" as quite a few people here seem to :). I am currently using an IPS 27" 1440p but want to upgrade in the gaming department and photo editing, and want Freesync.

Edit - specs on the 27" look great!! Not bothered about its weak HDR implementation.

Yeah you'll probably be waiting 4-6 weeks for the next lot

Associate
Hmm the Chinese Review has measured at contrast 940:1.

And rtings 735:1 hmmm????

Wait for TFTCentral.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom