1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by NikTheSHNIK, Jul 3, 2019.

1. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

Sorry for the long wait for a response. Had to take some time off to look after the kids in the Summer hols!

Should have some more info for you next week. I'll post here as soon as i have it!

2. RSR

Sgarrista

Thank you.

3. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

A couple of reasons below!

$/£ at launch was 1.26, when I changed the price $/£ was 1.20. I was going off on holiday for a week (camping in a tent in wales with wife and kids and zero internet access), I could see it dropping further and questioned if I should increase the price further! Even so, I only increased price by 4.4% compared to £/$ change of 5%.

I also had to take a promise to take a large quantity of stock to secure the exclusive, on nothing but a gut feeling. A bit of second guessing over whether I'd made the right decision or not, (at the time there was no reviews and I hadn't had a sample) led me to launch at a lower price than I probably should've done.

It's still a great monitor at £449.99 or £469.99!

Can't wait for the next tranche of stock to land and for you all to get playing on them!

4. xtremedetailz

Wise Guy

I call absolute BS... Its a clear case of supply and demand.

Its only the GL850 model has gone up, if it was the case of the £ vs $ the whole range would have gone up in price not one item that is selling like hotcakes.

5. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

Yes it is also supply and demand. I said part of it was I set the price too low at launch and so I adjusted upwards.

This bit:

6. gh_pics

Associate

If you've upheld your promise to stock a large quantity how come LG isn't delivering that stock especially given it's a UK exclusive they're just risking people shopping for alternatives like many on here have already said they've done. Also when I spoke to an employee last week they said there will be further shipments after September but in multiple smaller batches rather than a large one. Would be great to know where we all stand in the queue for these shipments even just rough dates because all I know at the moment is I'm not on the list for the September shipment but have no idea when another will come or if I'm even on the list for that one.

Hope your camping trip was nice glad you're back to hopefully clear some of this up c:

7. xtremedetailz

Wise Guy

So whats the RRP ? As i see this on amazon.es for 499 euro which is around £450 at todays £ to Euro conversion ?

Like i said all the other LG monitors are still the same price in this thread only this one has gone up so its not £ to $ at all otherwise they all would have had a price rise.

8. Pottsey

Mobster

If the others are not out of stock the prices wont change until they restock at the new stock price. This one has sold out so new stock has to be brought at the new price.

9. Krono5

Wise Guy

@NikTheSHNIK Any idea if I pre-order the GL850 now when you'll be able to fulfill? I'm really interested but with people still waiting since mid-July it seems LG's not sending enough stock so I may be better off with something else.

10. Smiley_ie

Associate

@NikTheSHNIK Does the arrangement with LG effect the availability of 34GL750 in Ireland ?

11. medley

Wise Guy

At this rate i think im going to order mine from US forest site and pay the 65 dollar shipping

Then I'd have to pay duty charges though. Arghhh

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  12. gh_pics

Associate

The only issue with this is the £100 or so import fees. On Amazon.com if you wanted to ship it to the UK would be £588.22

Items: GBP 426.08
    Shipping & handling: GBP 57.52
    Total before tax: GBP 483.60
    Estimated tax to be collected: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 104.62
    Order total: GBP 588.22

13. medley

Wise Guy

Ye within a minute of posting that I went to calculate the VAT and was disappointed

14. gh_pics

Associate

Yeah if it wasn't so expensive I would. But begs the question if we can get it from the US why can we still we not get it here when it's meant to be an exclusive

15. billybob66

Associate

So how many orders are there now for the GL850 and how much stock will there arrive each month?
    I ordered mine on the 18th of August.

16. jarvis82

Gangster

Very interested in the GL850, but same question as others have asked...When is next re-stock expected, and if I were to pre-order *now*, would I receive one from that re-stock?

17. gh_pics

Associate

From what I've been told I won't be seeing mine in the next restock and I ordered on the 12th so wouldn't expect yours either annoyingly. Is a bit BS that if you were to order you wouldn't know when you were to see it. But seeing as they are the UK exclusive if you are set on this monitor which I very much am (the price to performance just seems unbeatable) you may as well order because you can't seem to get it anywhere else and just sit in the queue with the rest of us.

18. Skree

Mobster

I sense i'm not the only one with an increasingly bad taste in mouth over this monitor

compared to say one of the 32" VA 144hz panels i could go and pick up at a brick and mortar (a gosh darn electricals store, no less) tomorrow... for £350

I'm getting to be a grumpy, cantankerous, cranky auld git in my later 30s...

19. ubersonic

Capodecina

Derp :p

Barely moved is a relative term, when there's 450 pounds in play then the total increase is 450x "barely moved". So if you take the change in £/$ value since the price first went up, and multiply the change by 450, then you get SHOCK the current price, it's also like maths are a thing :O

20. ColonelGaduffy

Associate

Hi All
    For you information I ordered a LG 27GL850-B 27 on July 12th at 10:45 am, I called Overclockers recently and enquired as to where I was in the list of pre-orders and when I could expect the monitor. I was told I was the next person in the list and just missed out on the first batch, fingers crossed this is true and it wont be much longer. Hope this info helps others ;)