1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by NikTheSHNIK, Jul 3, 2019.

1. UncleSeano

Associate

Good to know I'm on course then for the next batch... whenever it drops. Thanks man

2. NikTheSHNIK

OcUK Staff

Had word today that the monitors are ETA'd to arrive next week to LG (asked for clarification on if that's landing in to Netherlands Hub or UK).

EOM/first week of October looks about right for an ETA with OCUK.

We have now sold through all the allocation for this initial stock in.

3. Legend

Soldato

When will you be getting more after that then?

4. Crimmy

Associate

I'm also keen to know when more stock will be in and available to order

5. ThatDarnGamer

Associate

When will it be in stock to order? I dont feel comfortable pre ordering something I have to pay for up front

6. UncleSeano

Associate

Christmas if you're lucky

7. Maler

Associate

Hey all. I have been waiting for news on the 27" version as well. However now I am getting more attracted to the 34" wide monitor. Is there going to be any of these in the first batch and if so would I receive one with this batch or would I have to wait for the next?

8. Crimmy

Associate

Just curious on how pre-orders work - would I be chaged when placing the pre-order, or when the monitor ships?

9. Rossi~

Capodecina

When placing the order.

10. Crimmy

Associate

Ah, thats a shame. Thanks for the info!

11. xTeCnOxShAdOwZz

Associate

So, from my understanding, Overclockers have an exclusivity deal over the LG 27GL850-B, and yet they can't even supply the demand? If they're going to be the exclusive place to get this product, why is there so little stock? The rest of the world has this monitor, but I'm expected to wait until Christmas? Unless of course I pre-order it when people have only just got it and haven't spent enough time to review it, I'm supposed to pre-order knowing the specs alone? Does anyone else realise the insanity of this whole thing? Surely this is a anti-consumer behaviour by both LG and Overclockers. I don't understand why they didn't just have enough stock in the first place.

12. InvkrMainr

Associate

To be fair, and you can see from my past comments I am pretty critical of OC and this monitor, they have basically zero say in this.

LG are starving the UK, OCuk are more than likely trying to get as much as they can from them, but LG are not playing ball.

If OCuk have pre-orders for it, and could have more, why would they not want to sell as many as they can?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  13. nice one 7546

Associate

Raged

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  14. shaf

Wise Guy

Or you could just say sorry we wont be taking anymore preorders for this monitor as our supplier is unreliable and making us look bad?

15. Baddass

Don

It’s not really widely available anywhere to be honest yet. There have been reviews of it already though to help you make a decision including at TFTCentral and Rtings

16. Legend

Soldato

Well no, but originally this was supposed to be available in July, as the original post states. LG obviously screwed up with production. OCUK haven't deliberately misled anyone of course, but these things happen annoyingly.

17. Baddass

Don

Oh yeah no doubt there’s a shortage of stock given the popularity of the screen. I was just saying thats not really a uk thing, it’s everywhere.

18. ubersonic

Capodecina

It's not really a shame, LG's production delays are unavoidable by retailers/customers and the price has already gone up since pre-orders first went up (and is certain to raise again after October) which means people who pre-order effectively get it at a discount compared to those who wait for it to be in stock.

19. Crimmy

Associate

Thats true - Just me being impatient really, hoping that things will be sent when paid for, but it does have its advantages as you have pointed out

20. starmanwarz

Wise Guy

I've been wondering, since the 1ms response time is basically fake on the LG, and given its poor contrast, shouldn't the Aorus AD27QD be the better choice? I know the LG isn't available yet but on paper at least the Gigabyte seems superior.

If they had the same price, which one would you go for?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019