** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Soldato
You'd pretty much have no warranty of value because any returns would have to go back to the US. I've been considering doing the same from an EU supplier but can't see if there's a difference between the model number without the B and this pre-order.

Associate
You'd pretty much have no warranty of value because any returns would have to go back to the US. I've been considering doing the same from an EU supplier but can't see if there's a difference between the model number without the B and this pre-order.

Think the B is the correct model number for the unit ! The one on overclockers uk has been made for them as its an exclusive but 100% sure its the same unit just with a different label on it.

I hope in Future LG don't give OC exclusive like this as it stops all pricing competition and that only benefits OC not us the buyers.

This monitor is being sold in US at $450

Had to pay UK Duties fee's but worked out only £10 more & I get it in 10 days , I'' report back how it all goes :)

Last edited:
Associate
The B just stand for Black. There is no difference in the models.

Associate
Think the B is the correct model number for the unit ! The one on overclockers uk has been made for them as its an exclusive but 100% sure its the same unit just with a different label on it.

I hope in Future LG don't give OC exclusive like this as it stops all pricing competition and that only benefits OC not us the buyers.

This monitor is being sold in US at $450

Had to pay UK Duties fee's but worked out only £10 more & I get it in 10 days , I'' report back how it all goes :)

Why would you not just get it from Europe?

Associate
Bitten the bullet and ordered one, arriving Monday :)
An LGGL850-B? How do you know it's arriving on Monday? I mean you just ordered it and others, who have ordered earlier, are saying that their's is arriving mid Febuary. Assuming you ordered at jan 31st and it's arriving Feb 3rd.

Soldato
Paid for next working day shipping from the supplier and I got the dispatch email this morning with tracking. I don't mind pre-ordering if there's a confirmed release date but not a fan of paying up front for a pre-order lottery which is £20 more now than when it started because it's exclusive, and I have no idea when I'm getting it.

Soldato
Arrived and unboxed just to test. No dead/stuck pixels and IPS glow was what I was expecting, much better than the Dell 2713's I'm currently using but using a camera phone in a pitch black room on a black screen it does look like a horror show. Not sure if it's the HDMI cable that came with it (tiny thin thing) or my laptop but it didn't like the signal at 4k/1440p (scaled well though). Just getting my monitor arm ready for mounting it and I can test it on the desktop with DP.

Associate
Same. Confirmation this evening that it's being delivered tomorrow. Time to clear some space on the desk and find out whether my 1070 begs for mercy at 1440p and 144Hz :D

Associate
Same. Confirmation this evening that it's being delivered tomorrow. Time to clear some space on the desk and find out whether my 1070 begs for mercy at 1440p and 144Hz :D
:D fun times hahah, hopefully it will be ok (depending on what game you play)

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK I put a pre-order in yesterday, any idea when I’d likely see it? Thanks!!

Still 13 free stock available so you should have it tomorrow at the latest.

These will go today so for anybody who misses out the next shipment is due in a couple of weeks. If you miss out on this intake you won't have to wait long.

QUICK MESSAGE: Thanks to everyone for their patience, demand worldwide for this SKU has been insane and so thanks to everyone who pre-ordered and waited. We hope you enjoy your new monitors :)

Back
Top Bottom