Height: 3.6 cm (1.4 inches)
Width: 19.7 cm (7.7 inches)
Depth: 19.7 cm (7.7 inches)
Weight: 1.37 kg (3.0 pounds)

Processor and memory
* 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
* 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
* 1066MHz frontside bus
* 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB

Peripheral connections
* One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
* Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
* SD card slot

Graphics and video support
* NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
* Mini DisplayPort with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
* HDMI port with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution
* DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (included)
* VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
* Support for extended desktop and video mirroring across both ports

Communications
* AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
* 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interface with support for jumbo frames

Audio
* Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
* Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
* HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
* Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone

Storage
* 320GB or 500GB Serial ATA hard disk drive6
* 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

No power brick, easy change memory, HDMI output. Looks like a great machine, prices start at £649. Looks like the perfect option for a HTPC setup.

Best media centre I've ever owned.

Would consider an upgrade but my current model is perfect for my needs.

Looks really nice and HDMI is a great feature. However it's pointless for me until they introduce HD movie rentals on iTunes. Maybe this is a positive indicator that it's on the way...

It might even suggest 1080p content on iTunes but I won't hold my breath.

Saying that, it does now seem to be a much better media centre option than an ATV.

Looks really nice and HDMI is a great feature. However it's pointless for me until they introduce HD movie rentals on iTunes. Maybe this is a positive indicator that it's on the way...

It might even suggest 1080p content on iTunes but I won't hold my breath.

Saying that, it does now seem to be a much better media centre option than an ATV.

The Apple TV is a joke.

Everyone thought the iPad wouldnt sell and there wasnt really a market for it and look what happened. People will buy it just because its from Apple.

Currently the iPad is a pretty unique product, the Mini is much less so. Does seem a lot of money for a laptop spec without a screen etc. and still no BluRay (no surprise I know)

You can put a 2.5" Blu-Ray drive in a Mac Mini and rip Blu-Rays just dandy, the problem is there is no software to play discs directly.

The Mac Mini is an epic media centre machine, as it doubles as a proper machine when you need it. I game on mine with Steam, which increases it's value 10 fold :)

Best media centre I've ever owned.

Would consider an upgrade but my current model is perfect for my needs.

I run a similar system to you (although using XBMC) on a low powered Asus Revo that was £129 brand new. I can't see any advantage in spending £649 on a Mac Mini to be a media centre.

I run a similar system to you (although using XBMC) on a low powered Asus Revo that was £129 brand new. I can't see any advantage in spending £649 on a Mac Mini to be a media centre.

See above. I use my machine as a main machine currently but it happens to be a brilliant media centre. Does the Asus run Steam games?

I also bought it on HE pricing, knowing that I'd get a good 5 years out of the machine so I'm not too bothered that it cost more.

Am I the only person who likes the Apple TV? Mine gets used on a regularly basis (mostly because I've got my entire DVD collection ripped).

The only way I'd buy the new Mac Mini is by picking it up in the states. $699 vs. £649. That's a massive difference even after tax.

Back
Top Bottom