New Mac Mini

See above. I use my machine as a main machine currently but it happens to be a brilliant media centre. Does the Asus run Steam games?

I also bought it on HE pricing, knowing that I'd get a good 5 years out of the machine so I'm not too bothered that it cost more.

Ahh right it's different if you are using it as a main machine, I'm using it purely as a media centre and was commenting on your apparent recommendation of a Mac Mini as one, not as a main computer.

I don't really care about 5 year old Steam games to be honest, I do all my gaming on my PC/Xbox and PS3 rather than my Macbook. Amusingly all three of those added together cost me far less than the base Mac Mini. ;)

looks great but ouch on the price hike

My previous version works great for a media machine under the TV thanks

Hope this upgrade doesnt delay the new version of Plex :(

WANT!

This really does make it the perfect HTPC now.

The HDMI and Lack of power brick really does make me want one. My old mini looks positively ghastly under the TV now. :D

HDMI wasn't a big deal for me. I've been running a Mac Mini via HDMI using an adaptor for months :p

Bit concerned with these price hikes though.

Some Apple products are good value (iMac, MBP), some of them not so much.

This one is definitely in the "not so much" camp. A shame as it looks awesome. No way I'm paying that price though.

Nice but I think I'll probably just grab an Imac and second screen still, it's getting expensive for an entry level box...

agreed

yes its a great unit, but unlike some other products affered by apple, not particularly good value for money.

The entry level 27" imac isnt cheap, its more expensive than the mac mini, but its better value for money when you bear in mind what it brings you.

agreed

yes its a great unit, but unlike some other products affered by apple, not particularly good value for money.

The entry level 27" imac isnt cheap, its more expensive than the mac mini, but its better value for money when you bear in mind what it brings you.

I do love the way they have the 24" cinema display as an option for the new mac mini - in case you're supremely deranged enough to spend £1300 on a mac mini and screen rather than an iMac....

I do love the way they have the 24" cinema display as an option for the new mac mini - in case you're supremely deranged enough to spend £1300 on a mac mini and screen rather than an iMac....

:D made me giggle, its funny, because its true, its such a shame, id of gone totally mac mini had they had icore processors. I did have MBP, but not powerful enough, so I went back PC for the power (£250 netted me a core2quad at 3.46ghz, 8 gb ram, 5770), and bought a 2nd hand mac mini for 300, 2ghz, 2gb ram, as I need osx for the software.

£550 and iv got 2 PC's one of which is supremely powerful, compared even to the new mini's, ill go all mac again when they bring out a mac mini that can floor my 3/4 year old PC.

Back
Top Bottom