New member? New build! Shinobi XL white + orange

Soldato
OP
ooou, something else i forgot to say id done!

wlqbw8ql.jpg

aXRN3O4l.jpg

i bought a little temp display that goes into one of the spare g1/4 threads, so it reads the temps.

i sprayed it white, got a spare drive bay cover, hacked it up a bit and slotted it in, this is what it looks like now!

Associate
Ah the base, cool.

Still lovin' that artwork on the side, very unique. Thanks for the offer of help, I'm back home in 8 days and gonna try get my rig started, it won't be quite so customised but I will defo have to get some sleeving ordered up soon. What tools would you recommend for the various cables to be sleeved? I need to add to my shopping list. Sorry for going off topic.

Soldato
OP
Ah the base, cool.

Still lovin' that artwork on the side, very unique. Thanks for the offer of help, I'm back home in 8 days and gonna try get my rig started, it won't be quite so customised but I will defo have to get some sleeving ordered up soon. What tools would you recommend for the various cables to be sleeved? I need to add to my shopping list. Sorry for going off topic.

no worries,

you will need a DECENT de-pinning tool, molex make one, get it, its around 16 quid. if your making your own cables, then a crimping tool (around £25 - £60) depending on which brand you get, i have 3 ranging in price, and the more expenisve one is better, so again spend the money if you want it done right. the cheap one does the job, but can make the pins a bit loose, other than that its just little bits and bobs, decent scissors, decent clippers, wire stripping tools, a decent set of screw drivers and wire cutters etc etc.

or you could out source the work to someone who has all the tools to do you a set of extensions ;)

Soldato
They are very good rads, certainly best looking ones on the market imo. Not sure though if they just dont need fans or my eloops dont push enough air, as theres no difference to temps with fans on low or max.

Soldato
OP
They are very good rads, certainly best looking ones on the market imo. Not sure though if they just dont need fans or my eloops dont push enough air, as theres no difference to temps with fans on low or max.

i cant really comment as ive got the other 2 rads working away too, with a 360 with scythe GTs running, at 1000 RPM i usually get just below 30 degrees so i dont bother changing them really, if i do put it in manual though and crank it up, i get down to around 24/25 so something works somewhere lol

That looks amazing dude :)

Thanks man :D ive got 1 or 2 things to have a crack at (i want to do something to the front to allow more airflow) and maybe swap the tubing to acrylic, but i think ive pretty much done as much as i possibly can with this case now....

.... time to start looking at my next build i reckon!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i think it will either be a scratch build, or a custom parvum (if they will do me one)

im a bit gutted ive ran out of things to do to mine now, so i want something i can keep on at for a while

Soldato
OP
tragedy struck this weekend =(

i took my build down to i50, and on the way back ive broken the acrylic window, so im gonna have to make a new one!!

im not actually fussed about that as it will only cost a few quid, but ive obviously lost the "bow" on the drawing!!!!

gonna have to see if i can see snakebyte to redraw it i guess, or try and grab a new side panel from somewhere, and get a completely new drawing done!!!

a little bit gutted to say the least, but i suppose its done 3 lans now, so might even be time for a fresh case ;)

Soldato
OP
yeah, everything inside is fine, it was only the window that has damage, ive pulled it off now, going to see if i can find somewhere tomorrow that has 2 or 3 mm acrylic in stock so i can re do it.

id love to start again, with a different case, but ive put so much time into this one, im not sure i just want to chuck it in a skip lol

Back
Top Bottom