New member? New build! Shinobi XL white + orange

Associate
With regards to the name and logo, although I see you have the sketch on there now. Would have been cool to use the movements of a clock mounted so the hands are on the external side of the case or even the front if you used small enough hands, slap in the middle of a nicely stylised orange (yes the fruit) painted on the side.
Then you have "Clockwork Orange"

Ops I just realised how old this log is...D'Oh, nice build log though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It might be an old log colinmcr, but try still not finished!

Every time I think I'm finished, I decide to re build it lol! I'm going to be rebuilding today hopefully so il get some more pics and stuff up!

I really like the idea of the clock work orange! I wish I'd have had that idea a while back! If I remember correctly though I remember a very popular build log with the same name....

... Maybe I'd change it to ' a digital clock orange hehe)

Associate
Awesome work, I can't wait to see it when you've got those two watercooled 680's in there. The white and orange really do work well together, keep up the outstanding work.

Associate
It might be an old log colinmcr, but try still not finished!

Every time I think I'm finished, I decide to re build it lol! I'm going to be rebuilding today hopefully so il get some more pics and stuff up!

I really like the idea of the clock work orange! I wish I'd have had that idea a while back! If I remember correctly though I remember a very popular build log with the same name....

... Maybe I'd change it to ' a digital clock orange hehe)

You sound a bit like how I'd like to be, just constantly changing it as time goes on. SHMBO wouldn't be too happy though ! Now you mention it I do remember a build called Clockwork Orange, pity. I have lots of ideas for builds, one in particular but it would be major fab job, with tools and time I don't have. Maybe one day... I'm sure you have your next planned after Parvum build to huh?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, ive got an idea for something to do after, its whether it becomes a reality or not though

ive got a few budget builds people want me to do, but i doubt il do a build log for them unless i do anything special with them :D

Soldato
OP
GREAT MOTHER OF MERCY!!!! ITS HAPPENED!!! AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after over a year, and silly amounts of money spent, on what is essentially a mid range rig now, ive (nearly) finished!

(ive said this before though, and this is what ive done since that)!!!

So, i bought a nice rad:

7hdnVgKl.jpg

and one that needed a spray!

Tc94OMwl.jpg

some orange tubing

oM3DPF9l.jpg

i bought a nice tube rez (notice how dirty it is, its been in my system since xspc released these, its just taken me this long to actually rebuild it!!)

AsuvGEIl.jpg

and i bought another GPU!

7e1jgXBl.jpg

VCG75eYl.jpg

vtb29w0l.jpg

Soldato
OP
now this im particuarly proud of, it took me so many hours, and i only bought 1 sheet, so it was either win or lose.

i used, a heat gun. some sand paper, some little mini hand files, a slightly bigger one, and a little mini hacksaw.

I wont tell you how many hours it took... as it really is rather sad lol

F8EG7ljl.jpg

I started with rough cuts, and bending using a heat gun, and some brute strength (grrrr)

XBzxsrnl.jpg

saFNvQEl.jpg

mEC1TgTl.jpg

Soldato
OP
Intriguing dave very intriguing...shouldn't you be sleeving right now ;)

Did you form it over the kitchen counter?

I was thinking the same, he has plenty to crack on with :D

sorry lads, il be getting back to it soon i promise and oi Aneskimo, you havnt even bought your PSU yet :p i have however soldered your LEDs tonight for your CPU and GPU!!

(oh, and most of these were takin about 2 weeks ago, but i hadnt sleeved my GPU cables so i had to wait till they were done lol)

Associate
Its weird I was searching the web tonight in regards to soldering led's. You really should write some guides, sleeving, soldering, wiring and stuff it would be great info for folks like me. Of course you need to keep some trade secrets I guess for a bit of revenue ;).

Soldato
OP
Its weird I was searching the web tonight in regards to soldering led's. You really should write some guides, sleeving, soldering, wiring and stuff it would be great info for folks like me. Of course you need to keep some trade secrets I guess for a bit of revenue ;).

haha, i dont make any money out of anything i do man. tbh, i suppose ive got a bit of a crap buisness model really... :/

if theres anything specific that ya want to know though, pop me a message bud, il help out as much as my knowledge allows, i must admit i have only learnt most of it in the last few years as ive done my build, so now im just sharing it about a bit!

That cable sleeving looks really cool mate, loving that orange coolant too :)

Thanks very much sir!
Im actually back to running it on clear coolant at the moment, but i will be getting some more orange soon!

Soldato
OP
soooooo, i best put all these new bits and bobs together really!!!

Oh, and please do excuse the mess, in the first pic, i had a few issues with my leak testing, so had to improvise by tipping a bag of towels out of the airing cupboard out and trying to find old towels whilst holding my finger over a hole and a length of tube.... it wasnt an easy loop to do!

can you see where my acryilic is now!?

jxGNxVkl.jpg

heres a hint...

rd3VzBLl.jpg

hmm, water just doesnt look as good as the gigabyte orange!

7HW2Fjcl.jpg

pxPSzddl.jpg

some pics of the tight angles on the loop: as i say, this took me hours too, it just didnt want to work!!!

Q3Z1gSLl.jpg

ZQR7RMyl.jpg

Pt7sAp8l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom