New Minecraft 1.12 Survival Server

Soldato
Edit:2 We have just updated to 1.12, so hop on if you fancy playing the latest version. Our plugins of note include:
CoreProtect
uHome (you may set 5 homes)
TreeAssist
GriefPrevention

No whitelist - it's a public server. Feel free to join in :) minecraft.cooltable.org

ham

Edit - new 1.11.2 world, brand new map! We're going back to our roots! Check out post #69 (lol) https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30635762

A basic, friendly server with a few plugins to enhance gameplay. No factions, mcmmo or owt, just a group of like minded players who want to play Minecraft!

Well, a few things have happened, we tried a full modded FTB server, but it didn't really suit us. So - we have a shiny new 1.11.2 world that is brand new (I booted the server up yesterday, so it's very new). We're sticking with what we've had in the past, semi-van. This means the basic Minecraft package that anyone can play without modded clients, but with a few plugins to make gameplay more enjoyable. We're fleshing out the plugins as we speak, see http://community.cooltable.org/t/new-semi-van-1-11-2-minecraft/284 for the plugin discussion, and see http://cooltable.org/minecraft for login details. This page hasn't been updated yet, but we're running a 1.11.2 world.

We're running a whitelist until we get our plugins sorted, but feel free to ask to be added. Once we're fully backup, we'll be non-whitelist again.

So, if you want a pleasant, relaxed and a good place to play Minecraft, please join in. We're going to stick with no mcmmo or jobs or any of that kind of stuff. We're just gonna be what we used to be, a place where players can do their own thing, or join in with community builds.

Laters - ham

Edited to say we are now using the Jobs Reborn plugin and we are all working together to build an overworld rail track to join up various builds. See the last page on this thread for more info

Hi all. Seeing as the official OCUK minecraft server is no more I thought I would post up the server I've been playing on for the last 18 months or so.

The server has just updated to 1.9 and has had a brand new world. It's a survival mostly vanilla server that has a few plugins to help with gameplay. We have GriefPrevention for land claims, Lockette, TPA, uHome and a few others to enhance play. The world is currently set as PvP on. If you've been waiting to play multiplayer 1.9 then please feel free to jump on.

The server is not whitelisted. You can connect via minecraft.cooltable.org or 138.128.20.214 Here is the server's web page http://cooltable.org/minecraft

Maybe see some of you ig. Cheers

Edited to say we are now using the Jobs Reborn plugin and we are all working together to build an overworld rail track to join up various builds. See the last page on this thread for more info

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Popped on this morning for a quick look around, it would be nice to get back into Minecraft. Bearing in mind that I haven't played for quite a while (1.7), are the following things bugs, mods, rules, or features...

- I was unable to place a crafting table anywhere near spawn, including in the forest areas surrounding it. The spawn area has been claimed to prevent griefing - you'll need to travel about 100 blocks from it to place items/break stuff

- I couldn't chop down trees with a wooden pick-axe, but I could with fists or a stone pick-axe. The server has world edit, and the default tool is the wooden axe, as it's very rarely used. Unfortunately this means wooden axes can't be used.

- When using the stone pick-axe, chopping one trunk section cause the whole tree to break up instantly. We have a plugin called treeassist. It chops the tree down for you and your axe will degrade the correct amount for the logs chopped

- Has combat changed (seems like it takes more hits to kill mobs)? This is 1.9 related. Combat is much harder. You have a cool-down between hits now. If you try to hit before the cool-down you will inflict very little damage. Go into Options, the Video Settings then on the right column you'll see the attack indicator display button. It's off by default iirc. Turn it on and you can see the amount of time you have for the cool-down to complete. Skellies are a lot harder now too. They shoot quicker, move faster and back away from you.

Hi - glad you popped on. I've answered your questions for you. Be good to see you in game. Cheers. ham

Soldato
OP
I've had a look. If you want to lock a chest the first line needs to be [private], then click done. Lockette will then add your name to line two, so the sign should then read:
[private]
m0linari
you must use the [ and the ] around the word private.

Also consider claiming your area with a golden shovel (GriefPrevention).

Stealing is allowed, but in this instance I've rolled back the theft, as you had tried to lock the chests. I'm now more interested in the player who found and looted them, as I had a bit of trouble locating your hidden chests myself, and the perp used COBBLE to replace the STONE they removed to get at your hidden chests. I wonder how they knew where they were.

All rolled back - Ham <3

edit - I've locked all your chests for you btw because I'm nice that like :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Heh after a little bit of log checking and general awesomeness (I don't want to go into too much detail obvs), I know exactly how they found them. I'm going to ask them when they next come on which client mod they are using (I refuse to use the term 'hacked account' because these limp ****ed, prepubescent cheating scumbags couldn't 'hack' their way out of a wet paper bag!). Then bannage will follow.

Ah, I feel better after that. Cheaters always get found out in the end :'(

edit sigh, I guess it's time to start downloading the latest cheat mods, load them up and see if it's the same old **** -.- I cri

Last edited:
Soldato
i tend to play it on the 360 more as i only need one copy of the game and can play with my son (only play it offline with him)

Associate
Still cant justify buying minecraft £18 is too much.

And people think £40 for Mario Maker is justified... trust me buddy, Minecraft has an awfully large amount of content, full multiplayer, customisation and your maps won't be removed from the internet if they aren't very popular (unlike that other game...). The only real negative is that it's poorly optimised (occasional poor fps on my rig, especially on servers). But if it's not your type of game, fair enough.

I'm posting in this thread to ask... how many folks on here use shaderpacks on Minecraft? I understand that a lot of folks are put off by iffy performance, but being a PC hardware forum, many of us have beefy rigs that regular Minecraft (visually) doesn't do justice. I've been using a couple of shaderpacks at 1080p with a 128x texture pack (trying to maintain 60fps): SEUS Ultra, though I do have standard and Sildur's Shaders High. I turn off annoying features like Bloom and Godrays, turn down a few of the shader settings like shadows and I mostly manage to keep it above 60fps on a server (in a built-up area with a lot of restone and stuff).

FYI, shaderpacks don't really require mods. You only need optifine, which is a standalone that can be used with vanilla Minecraft. The server I play on is a vanilla server.

Back
Top Bottom