New Netflix Series - The Umbrella Academy

Associate
He was really funny in misfits jeez 10 years ago now I remember thinking this guy is gunna go on to big things. Will give it a watch.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Looks almost like a movie, I doubt that all happens in the first episode maybe whole series perhaps.

Soldato
Just finished watching this. Really enjoyed it. Very much a step away from the usual Marvel/DC fare. Drags a little in places but great fun overall, with a fantastic soundtrack. The actor who plays number 5 was brilliant and Sheehan was playing a very similar character to his one from Misfits but with a fair bit of depth later on. Was also very surprised at the special effects, very impressive for a TV series but I suppose they have that Netflix money.

Well worth a watch.

Man of Honour
First episode was quite weird and I have no idea what to make of some things - almost like the writer randomly threw some stuff in because it sounded cool on paper and no other reason.

The production quality and attention to detail really make it though and they managed to get so many elements balanced just right which kept it interesting and wanting to find out what happens.

Permabanned
First episode was quite weird and I have no idea what to make of some things - almost like the writer randomly threw some stuff in because it sounded cool on paper and no other reason.

The production quality and attention to detail really make it though and they managed to get so many elements balanced just right which kept it interesting and wanting to find out what happens.

Assuming we will get told further along......."Wait what, why is there a talking chimp!"

Soundtrack is fun. :)

Associate
We loved it, binged the entire season on Saturday - best show we've seen in a quite a while , much better and engrossing than Marvel and DC releases of late.

Soldato
Loved it.. I thought it had a similar vibe and tone to Watchmen. Thoroughly enjoyable.. Was this explained tho? How was Spaceboy on the moon??? Did I miss something?

Soldato
Loved it.. I thought it had a similar vibe and tone to Watchmen. Thoroughly enjoyable.. Was this explained tho? How was Spaceboy on the moon??? Did I miss something?
It explained why he was sent to the moon, listen to the monologue after all of his research data is found under the floor boards.
It doesn't explain how he got to the moon - but that wasn't really important.

Man of Honour
was my thinking, isnt it a over saturated story now? multiple recent movies and shows.

To be fair there is a nod to that problem in this one which is part of why it is a bit more watchable than the average cash in superhero fare - loosely a bit like Misfits in that respect.

I thought it had a similar vibe and tone to Watchmen.

But without the taking itself too seriously that ruined Watchmen for me personally.

Soldato
It explained why he was sent to the moon, listen to the monologue after all of his research data is found under the floor boards.
It doesn't explain how he got to the moon - but that wasn't really important.

I do understand why he was sent to the moon. But there wasn't any explanation on how he got there or how he got back. It may or may not be important but there was no indication of how it happened or that anyone in the family had the power (Except no5 but he was already gone) to take him there/return him. I just found it odd when a significant amount of time was dedicated to explaining most of the others backstory.

Soldato
I do understand why he was sent to the moon. But there wasn't any explanation on how he got there or how he got back. It may or may not be important but there was no indication of how it happened or that anyone in the family had the power (Except no5 but he was already gone) to take him there/return him. I just found it odd when a significant amount of time was dedicated to explaining most of the others backstory.

I just assumed he had his own form of transport :)
We saw Sir. Reginald arriving in Russia in something that looked like it had come out of Blade Runner at the beginning of the film, we know there is an android with better technology than we've got now, so just assumed there was a ship that went back & forth.

Back
Top Bottom