New Netflix Series - The Umbrella Academy

Man of Honour
Have to say I love the understated humour - some of it is very easy to miss.

Mind you the whole thing would have been over before it started if Sir Reginald Hargreeves had simply killed off Vanya from the start - he never seemed to have a problem doing what needed to be done however extreme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving this so far. The soundtrack choice is amazing, adds so much to it.

Great to see the Irish dude from Misfits get a decent part too, pretty much the same character but a yank :D

Anyone think Luther looked a bit like a goomba? :D

hR0admW.png

Soldato
I love it so much when movies and tv shows take classic tunes that the watchers feel an emotional attachment to and integrate it into their scenes.

I did not expect such a diverse selection of songs to make it into this - the last thing I expected was a bit of random Toploader stirring up memories...
leading up to a bit of good old fashioned incest!
So many other sound tunes I’ve newly been introduced to as well.

Soldato
Didn't enjoy this, I found each episode to be pretty boring. With just a formulaic cliff hanger at the end to keep you going on to the next. Ellen Page's character I found very annoying and just acting like a spoiled brat most of the time.

I did enjoy the music.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also quite bored 4 episodes in, yet I'd like to know what causes the end of the world scenario and why there's a talking ape in the household...

With the exception of superb Diego and Five I find the rest of the characters just dull with Ellen Page's character the worst upto where I presently am.

Associate
Not normally a superhero type fan, but just finished watching the whole of series 1 and found it great. Good humour, action and music.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Finished watching last night, great season, nice little reveals each episode that keep you interested. Felt a bit like Heroes meets Xmen meets Adjustment Bureau. Looking forward to season 2.

The actor for Five is brilliant!

Associate
I watched it over a couple of days and really enjoyed it. I liked the fact there were things going on they didn't even attempt to address (births, Pogo etc), just sticking to the current story. My only real gripe is I did find Dolores a bit wooden.

Caporegime
I love it so much when movies and tv shows take classic tunes that the watchers feel an emotional attachment to and integrate it into their scenes.

I did not expect such a diverse selection of songs to make it into this - the last thing I expected was a bit of random Toploader stirring up memories...
leading up to a bit of good old fashioned incest!
So many other sound tunes I’ve newly been introduced to as well.

I think that was to show that he indeed could care.

Associate
This is worth a watch if only for the soundtrack. Yes, it's that good.

I've never really cared for the superhero genre and to whatever extent I did I've been over it for sometime now. That said, you've got to watch this. It may be a thinly veiled rip-off of X Men with a talking monkey butler, but don't let that stop you. Multiple, well written, story arcs with some superb acting. (Looking at you #5) Good balance of action and dialog.

Oh, did I mention the soundtrack?

Back
Top Bottom