New (old) house renovation to have distributed AV!

Soldato
This renovation is so superb with a lot of hard work and care gone into it, it makes me think that any basic refurb using a cheap B&Q kitchen and bathroom would simply not do.

Soldato
OP
Hi,

I've had a bit of a set back.

I've ran out of money!

My boiler, the only original thing ive kept in this house has decided to give way after me and my wife had moved in, so ive had to come up with some money (more borrowing) to get this replaced, this is due to be done on monday coming which will be nice to get some heat and hot water again.

After that i have my front and rear doors scheduled to be installed on the 22nd, i then have 2 days to get the damage repaird and final coats of paint on the reveals done and ive then got the valuer coming on the 25th, assuming its worth what i think it is i'll be getting a further advance on my mortgage to cover all but about 3k of my outstanding debt not including the kitchen(buy now pay later).

This will allow me to get going on with the buying of furniture and sorting the gardens out of the house.

I'll have to keep you guys in suspense untill all these unknowns resolve themselves and i'll be back with some pictures.

Soldato
OP

Its now basically finished, only a few windows upstairs needing replaced but they'll be done once i have the time and money.

House has been valued at 90k so its increased by what ive spent, im guessing this is a safe valuation by the bank to reduce their risk as im asking to borrow more money on it.

This should allow me to pay off all my existing debt bar the kitchen which im happy with.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wow house looks so amazing, best refurb I've seen for ages.

I see your neighbour is up for sale.

They've been up for sale for 6 months now, they had it listed at 100k, they havent done theirs to the standard i have and are asking for more money than even mine it worth. They bought it just after i got mine and done it up to rental standards i would say.

They've since dropped it to 95k and is still sitting empty.

Man of Honour
What I love most about this refurb is the crispness of all the lines. No big globs of caulk between walls and skirting like you get after a few revelation jobs, everything is sharp. Love it, it's a real credit to you.

Soldato
OP
Is this all finished now? I take it you have finished moving in. :)

Its pretty much finished, moved in and lovng it but there is loads of bits of furniture we need and cant quite afford, going to be tight with funds for the next 3 years while were paying other things off so will be slowly buying the things we need.
Going to be a work in progres with the garden but now the weather is getting out a bit better i'll be starting the decking / fencing at some point.

Soldato
Well done indeed. It is good to hear that you are enjoying living in your 'new' house.

It does look as if we are in for a few nice days especially over the weekend, so now might just be a good time to start on some of those outside jobs... to the same high standard as the interior, of course!!

Onwards & upwards! :)

Soldato
OP
Bit of change to the TV in the living room, The wall it's mounted on is due to be changed to a darker brown just to boost the contrast a bit more.

15970418536_e77c6b8cfa_b.jpg

*windy as of late and its knocked my spindles down on the deck, hadn't been nailed in yet (lazy)

Soldato
Just read through this, excellent work! You've got a great finish.

One question: how did you terminate network cable at each end and how many sockets/cables did you install?

We're doing a kitchen extension and I'd like to use this as a starting point for networking the house and creating a media cabinet. The theory sounds excellent, but with advancing wireless technology and wireless enabled devices I'm not sure if it's worth running dual cat6 runs to every corner of the house. I suppose the counter argument is - why not if the work is already being carried out? I'll probably post a thread to look at more exact layout closer to the time, but I'm interested to find out people's opinion as to whether it's worth it.

Since you've changed to a projector, has this caused issue wih network cable location?

Back
Top Bottom