New (old) house renovation to have distributed AV!

Caporegime
Is it too late to cut them into the lighting circuit and just add an extra way of switching on your kitchen light switch?

Soldato
OP
Is it too late to cut them into the lighting circuit and just add an extra way of switching on your kitchen light switch?

I'll be putting a PIR in so that they're automatic when entering the kitchen.

Started the tiling today

More tiles

More Cuts & tiles

Spacers removed on this set as it was done early on.

Thats pretty much it for another week, i've got a full house order of blinds due this week, the finishing touches on the kitchen are needed which include the grouting and skirting and it'll be ready to be all cleaned down and start filling all the cupboards.

Man of Honour
Those tiles looked gash in the box, but I quite like them on the wall.

I might steal your idea of hooking plinth lights up to a PIR - problem is the bloody dog will keep setting them off.

Soldato
Might be the camera angle but in the last picture the white tile in the 2nd row from the bottom looks like it's protruding? Looks great though and I think the units, worktop and tiles work really well together.

Soldato
OP
Those tiles looked gash in the box, but I quite like them on the wall.

I might steal your idea of hooking plinth lights up to a PIR - problem is the bloody dog will keep setting them off.

I had an idea of what i wanted it to look like and its worked out perfectly, they do look loads different than they did when in the box.

You could always set the PIR high on a wall so that the detection starts above your dogs height.

Might be the camera angle but in the last picture the white tile in the 2nd row from the bottom looks like it's protruding? Looks great though and I think the units, worktop and tiles work really well together.

It is very slightly its amplified by the fact that the led strip is directly above the tiles casting a shadow, this wont be as noticable once the grouting has been done.

Its similar to shining a light along a wall will reveal that its not perfectly flat but looks flat under other lighting.

Soldato
OP
The Kitchen looks great :cool:

I really like the LED strip lighting system. Can I ask you where you got your Kitchen Tiles from?

i got the tiles from walls and floors, about half the price of topps tiles for the same thing. topps tiles just laughed at me when i asked for a price match saying they'd be inferior quality, broken and not the same in any way.

they came, there was some defects / broken tiles and they were replaced free of charge meaning i had tiles for cuts etc and have loads spare.

Soldato
OP
How did you find the tiling? Always been tempted to give it a go, I guess patience is a virtue with something like this?

I find it quite easy but then having flat walls does probably help a lot.

Patience and *Planning* highlighted planning as this way you don't end up with stupid sliver cuts or a pattern that looks off.

Soldato
What's the quality like of the kitchen? I got mine from Howdens and was fitted by a couple of friends and while the quality of its good just 1 year down the line the doors are starting to sag. Annoying somewhat!

Am buying a place this year and when/if we replace the kitchen I'll be sorely tempted to fit it all myself.

I would have quite easily told you to not buy a Howdens kitchen. They are shocking after a year or two. I had to do continual maintenance on mine for the best of of 4 years.

If I'm buying to move on (ie, rental or quick turn around) then a Howdens is fine, otherwise, for us to use as "our" kitchen, it's Magnet or bespoke.

Caporegime
I would have quite easily told you to not buy a Howdens kitchen. They are shocking after a year or two. I had to do continual maintenance on mine for the best of of 4 years.

If I'm buying to move on (ie, rental or quick turn around) then a Howdens is fine, otherwise, for us to use as "our" kitchen, it's Magnet or bespoke.

See I was told opposites from others, I guess it's all personal experience and the QC for that area.

Either way, won't be getting another. :)

I'll be going round to several showrooms next time instead of going from a catalogue, lesson learned :)

Soldato
OP
Boring Delivery i suppose but i was excited

Beautiful Made to measure blackout blinds

Midway Grouting

Oven wired up and burning in.

Kitchen Cleaned and we've put all our pans and utensils in there ready to be used when we move in.

I have my window fitter coming tomorrow to get measurements for the back and front doors, this will be the last of the glazing downstairs and will leave only 4 windows to be done once weve moved in.

Got a remortgage going to clear all my debt and the valuer will be coming once the doors are in.

Associate
I've watched this thread with great interest.

Well done on everything you've done, its brilliant work.

However I now hate you, I'm now picking holes in the work we've done to our home. :''(

Keep the updates coming :)

Back
Top Bottom