New (old) house renovation to have distributed AV!

Soldato
OP
Shaz]sigh[;25780675 said:
I see you've split the units up with quite a few end panels - was this due to a limitation of the plinth LED runs or to space out a gap to the wall? (edit: actually, looking again, I see you've got some freestanding appliances so I'm guessing it's to make it look uniform?).

You also have the same Microwave as me! Being able to sneak some roasties in from peeling to ready within 30 mins (without boiling) is like cheat mode (600W microwave + 190C oven) :) - same for gratins.

Yeah you've spotted it gaps between walls wasn't even, freestanding appliances also and so that the bottom units align with the wall units which have end panels.

Excited to use the microwave to do some cooking. Should be wiring up the oven today too.

Associate
Just something that got brought up in my kitchen thread, the oven or microwave (can't remember which), likely needs 50cm^2 ventilation. It's relatively hidden in the install instructions but I notched a 10mm cut across the full length of a unit in the plinth.

You can't see it from a standing position.

Soldato
OP
Today was a complete pain, i had nightmares in the night about how my wall units and base units weren't aligned due to the walls not being square.

I went back to the kitchen and trimmed and made things fit as they should. took ages and no one will know ive done the work but it needed done.

Aligning the hood instructions

Hood fitted and level checked

Hood completely installed, deco panels installed on the wall units ready for cornice and lighting.

Sadly because of all the work i needed to do to square the units up thats all i got done today, im a bit fed up of the kitchen right now as its not progressing as fast as i wanted. Going to have a bit of a rest tomorrow and just do a few odd bits as im back at work again on wednesday.

Associate
Sadly because of all the work i needed to do to square the units up thats all i got done today, im a bit fed up of the kitchen right now as its not progressing as fast as i wanted. Going to have a bit of a rest tomorrow and just do a few odd bits as im back at work again on wednesday.

Best off taking your time now, rather than regretting cutting corners in the future mate. Looks like it's coming along nicely ;)

Soldato
OP
Cornice, pelmet and plinth all cut and installed.

Worktop joint done!

On top the exciting bit, marking out the cut out for the hob

Hob installed and wired in.

Heating up my first pan of water on top of a towel to stop any scratches to the hob. Love the induction hob!

Im back to work tomorrow so will have to wait till the weekend to get the sink installed and the leds wired up. also got skirting to go in as well as the tiles.

Associate
Looks like the same hob as me too (T41D40X2?). The only annoyance I find with this hob is there is a slight delay from press to reaction - my previous induction was a near instant response. Saying that - this one is a lot more powerful (I can see you're using the P setting :D).

You're going a lot faster than I did, looks good. How are your walls? Pretty straight? I lost a huge amount of time having to scribe each unit as my walls flared out towards the bottom. Was a killer.

Soldato
OP
Shaz]sigh[;25790511 said:
Looks like the same hob as me too (T41D40X2?). The only annoyance I find with this hob is there is a slight delay from press to reaction - my previous induction was a near instant response. Saying that - this one is a lot more powerful (I can see you're using the P setting :D).

You're going a lot faster than I did, looks good. How are your walls? Pretty straight? I lost a huge amount of time having to scribe each unit as my walls flared out towards the bottom. Was a killer.

Yeah its the same hob as yours, pressing the buttons i find i need to have to hold the buttons to get it to respond, i don't know if this is normal but yeah the P mode is amazingly fast for boiling water.

Walls were all skimmed so they're mostly flat but not level so had to do a fair but of scribing and adjustments to get things to fit nicely.

Caporegime
What's the quality like of the kitchen? I got mine from Howdens and was fitted by a couple of friends and while the quality of its good just 1 year down the line the doors are starting to sag. Annoying somewhat!

Am buying a place this year and when/if we replace the kitchen I'll be sorely tempted to fit it all myself.

Soldato
OP
What's the quality like of the kitchen? I got mine from Howdens and was fitted by a couple of friends and while the quality of its good just 1 year down the line the doors are starting to sag. Annoying somewhat!

Am buying a place this year and when/if we replace the kitchen I'll be sorely tempted to fit it all myself.

quality is excellent, the hinges are so easy to align, quick release removal as well. All of their doors and drawers are soft close.

I cant comment on the longevity of the quality lasting but looks good to me and hopefully will last some years.

I'm also hoping that the panels and door wont peel where its located near the oven/micro and the hob. but i guess time will tell with these things.

Caporegime
quality is excellent, the hinges are so easy to align, quick release removal as well. All of their doors and drawers are soft close.

I cant comment on the longevity of the quality lasting but looks good to me and hopefully will last some years.

I'm also hoping that the panels and door wont peel where its located near the oven/micro and the hob. but i guess time will tell with these things.

RE the peeling part - it's rare this happens to be honest, it's the way they are made. :)

Sounds good, will definitely check out Wren next time round and fit the damn thing myself, ultimately it's just flat pack stuff and nothing a screwdriver and some swearing can't sort out :)

Soldato
OP
RE the peeling part - it's rare this happens to be honest, it's the way they are made. :)

Sounds good, will definitely check out Wren next time round and fit the damn thing myself, ultimately it's just flat pack stuff and nothing a screwdriver and some swearing can't sort out :)

yeah pretty much, the wren stuff is all prebuilt so the only thing you have to do is put the legs on and put it in place. easy really (if your walls are square and floor level :))

Caporegime
yeah pretty much, the wren stuff is all prebuilt so the only thing you have to do is put the legs on and put it in place. easy really (if your walls are square and floor level :))

Oh sweet, that's handy, did the work surface come pre-cut as well?

Also how did you go about designing it, did it have a builder of sorts or did you just measure then pick how many of each unit you wanted?

Soldato
OP
Oh sweet, that's handy, did the work surface come pre-cut as well?

Also how did you go about designing it, did it have a builder of sorts or did you just measure then pick how many of each unit you wanted?

wren have a planner online you can design from scratch, only thing you cant view is the 3d render, they make you go to the store to view that.

The bench was already curved but the cuts i had to do myself to get the length.

Caporegime
wren have a planner online you can design from scratch, only thing you cant view is the 3d render, they make you go to the store to view that.

The bench was already curved but the cuts i had to do myself to get the length.

Lovely, sounds good to me :)

Will definitely be checking them out when I come to it, thanks for the info.

Soldato
OP
Today i installed my Franke sink, i love it because of how it looks as though it sits in the worktop rather than being raised.

Doors and drawers installed.

All LED's now wired in.

All tidied up and ready for the next phase, tiling.

Going to start my tiling tomorrow and skirting if i have time. once this is all done and i have plans to get moved in and start settling down at last.

Back
Top Bottom