NEW Pay-by-mile car insurance

Soldato
It might be worth for people like my brother who lives in London and drives twice a month so paying his silly 2500/year insurance is ridiculous when he uses the car for 2-3k miles a year.

In my case having a black box in my car alone is not worth it for 20 quid a year saving.

Soldato
Doesn't seem like it would offer any sizable savings for my "low use" car. Might as well continue to use a less restricted, less monitored, and more mod-friendly policy.

<3 Greenlight.

EDIT: NO savings at all, an increase of £165/year

Yea I'm with Greenlight again this year. Was with Skyinsurance which was around the same price, but Greenlight's service is one of the best around and they don't usually charge for mods or silly things like "admin fees".

Unless you have a BMW though I suppose, in which case they tell you to jog on :p

Soldato
How long before this all becomes standard?

Surely this would be far cheaper than the standard policy.

I would imagine fairly soon.

The thing is they would entice more people onto telematics policies if they were cheaper than standard policies.

But no person is going to pay more, or even the same for a company to be measuring their driving styles, and then potentially penalise them for it.

Even driving 20-25k miles a year, i'd be happy to go onto a telematics policy if it was half the cost of my standard policy.

Soldato
Thought this might be worth a shot as I no longer drive my car daily, so my annual mileage has plummeted.
Based on 5000 miles a year, that would cost me £445. Which is more than what I pay now, I think.

Back
Top Bottom