New PC (£400ish) Build help please

Associate
OP
Apparently I am only allowed 15 posts in a 24 hr period!! Grrrr

@tamzzy - I have windows 10 on a DVD - when I try to install it, it starts moaning that it can't find the necessary drivers - when I try to browse for the drivers on the MoBo disk - it can't find the disk drive... no idea where to go from here :(

Man of Honour
so after installing windows
first few things to do is:
1) graphics drivers
2) amd chipset drivers: https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_1.11.22.454.zip
3) windows updates

these above three are the must haves
you can, if you want to go to the asrock website to download all the other drivers...but i think it's mostly bloatware in my opinion, so i normally leave windows to deal with the rest of the drivers

then install all the other necessary programs as you deem appropriate eg chrome, steam, winrar, itunes etc etc

Associate
ryzen does not support windows 7
you'll need to upgrade to windows 10

just download the usb installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
and you can use the same windows 7 key to activate windows 10

Ryzen works fine with Win7 I have done many builds with it due to lots of people not liking Win 10 you just need to either use tool mboard manufactures provide to integrate the drivers or build the image yourself with the drivers. (issue is mostly down to usb3 this is why you also tend to still see some usb2 ports on boards so they can be used for Win 7 installs)

Win 10 pro keys legit ones can be had for £10 if he ends up needing one never pay the retail costs of £50-100

Soldato
i said at some point to be fair and regardless of power draw its about quality and long lasting. i dont care, i tend to buy 80+ whites for anything other than my main rig, just people on this forum keeps banging on about fail rates of low quality components.

Man of Honour
Ryzen works fine with Win7 I have done many builds with it due to lots of people not liking Win 10 you just need to either use tool mboard manufactures provide to integrate the drivers or build the image yourself with the drivers. (issue is mostly down to usb3 this is why you also tend to still see some usb2 ports on boards so they can be used for Win 7 installs)
Ah. noted.
(Seems like a faff lol)

Back
Top Bottom