New pc build to suit streaming to you tube and gaming walkthroughs

Would avoid that Corsair PSU. Whilst it's supposedly "ATX 3.0" certified, it does not have a 12vhpwr socket/cable.
Thanks for the caution, what are your thoughts on Craig's suggestions please. It's just that I don't mind spending a bit more if means be able to upgrade comfortably down the line.
Also I think the 1tb for programs and 2tb for content is a good idea also?

Thanks for the caution, what are your thoughts on Craig's suggestions please. It's just that I don't mind spending a bit more if means be able to upgrade comfortably down the line.
A bit of tinkering round the edges, but otherwise solid suggestions.
Again, depends on how much you want to spend ofc. A ballpark figure would help us give better advice.

Also I think the 1tb for programs and 2tb for content is a good idea also?
Depends on how much storage your son needs. In general, if budget allows then go for a 2tb main drive SSD. There are occasions when a second SSD is useful (eg scratch drive for video editing workflow) but is this really necessary currently?
If he needs long term storage for clips etc then HDD is better value than a SSD for mass storage.

As much as we like speccing high end rigs, I have to ask again whether this is best use of your/your son's money or is this going to be some passing fad.
(Not my money so doesn't really affect me, but worth your consideration)

No, you linked the assassinX. Search AK 120.
But you're not supposed to link it as it's an ocuk competitor (edit your post)
Get the grey RGB one as it fits better with the build :)

Last edited:
Would avoid that Corsair PSU. Whilst it's supposedly "ATX 3.0" certified, it does not have a 12vhpwr socket/cable.
Yes, but some of the cheaper atx3.0 psu with 12pin connection have very few standard 8 pin connections and I was putting a 7800xt in the build, which doesnt have the 12 pin connection on it anyway. If you want to get a nvidia card down the line you can get the 2 8pin to 112pin cable so it still works for nvidia. As I said, not the top tier corsair psu but still good. Comes with a 7 year warranty rather than the 10 for the rmx models..I have the shift, and that too doesnt come with a 12pin connector on the actual psu, but the adaptor cable comes with it.
The MSI psu you suggested comes with a 5 years warranty rather than 10 for their other psu also. Becomes a bit of a minefield really with some of these psu, as look similar and naming only has maybe 1 letter different, but internals completely different.
All were doing is making suggestions but always good to check reviews on the items too,

I've edited my post. Just realised you did not link the correct item.
Hi there,

Just finished building the setup you suggested and my son and I are really happy so far. We've just got the software to install and realised the old monitor has a VGA plug. Can you recommend a decent monitor that will use the full potential of the CPU and GPU please with a £400 budget?

@marno17

Review here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-g272qpf-review
I can get £50 off this with a voucher
Xiaomi Curved Gaming Monitor 30" UK

What do you think compared to the one you suggest?

I can get £50 off this with a voucher
Xiaomi Curved Gaming Monitor 30" UK

What do you think compared to the one you suggest?
It's a smaller res (ultra wide 1080p). I don't personally rate them, but others who have used ultra wide screens seem to like them. Either way, I don't think 1080p is the right choice, even if you wanted ultra wide. I'd go 1440p ultra wide...

Back
Top Bottom