New PC Gaming Build, £2000 (Includes Monitor & Keyboard/Mouse)

Associate
OP
Yeah this is true :)
I love the idea of the NZXT White case... looks amazing
The dominator ram is only £20 more expensive than the ram you just showed me... :)

Associate
Yeah this is true :)
I love the idea of the NZXT White case... looks amazing
The dominator ram is only £20 more expensive than the ram you just showed me... :)

that's one way to look at it, another way is a 15%~ saving for more or less the same product :p, but yeah dominator plat is beautiful, no reason not to buy it if you're happy paying the extra, in your position id be tempted to try fit in an x60 instead of the h100i, granted it's £40 more but it keeps the nzxt theme, the x40 (£10 cheaper) would be able to cool it, but not as good if you go for a huge overclock on that i7, the h440 IS a beautiful case, when it was first announced i put off my build for like 2 months until i finally cracked and got another case (it kept getting delayed)

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
When you mentioned the x60, was this to stick with the white theme? ;)
If so, for an extra 6 quid you can have the white fan version of the h100i

yeah the white is a bonus, but also just the nzxt branding, as i recall the x60 is actually a better performer than the h100i, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the h100i, it's a great cooler and as far as im aware should be fully compatible with your chosen case

Soldato
24" 1080p IPS
24" 1080p 144Hz
or
27" 2560x1440 @ 60Hz IPS

I'd add 27" 144hz to that too, it doesn't look as stretched as 27" 1080p due to the smoother frame rate.

What I'd recommend is:

IPS for Colour clarity, as it give you extended viewing angles. THis is suited to Photoshop work mainly.

1440p requires a powerful GPU and pretty overpriced for what it is, currently.

144hz is the way to go at the moment (IMO), a single GPU rig can max it out on a lot fo 'big' games and you get a stunning picture.

My plan to you would be, get this rig (suggested earlier) and a 24/27" 144 monitor now.

THen in 2 (or so) years time, you can get a 1440p or 4k monitor (if you're wanting to switch from 144hz) and even add a second 780ti to get the FPS up (to 4K standard). :)

The ultra widescreens look nice but I don't think they'd suit gaming. Its basically still a 1080p monitor, no faster FPS rate.

Associate
I'd add 27" 144hz to that too, it doesn't look as stretched as 27" 1080p due to the smoother frame rate.

What I'd recommend is:

IPS for Colour clarity, as it give you extended viewing angles. THis is suited to Photoshop work mainly.

1440p requires a powerful GPU and pretty overpriced for what it is, currently.

144hz is the way to go at the moment (IMO), a single GPU rig can max it out on a lot fo 'big' games and you get a stunning picture.

My plan to you would be, get this rig (suggested earlier) and a 24/27" 144 monitor now.

THen in 2 (or so) years time, you can get a 1440p or 4k monitor (if you're wanting to switch from 144hz) and even add a second 780ti to get the FPS up (to 4K standard). :)

The ultra widescreens look nice but I don't think they'd suit gaming. Its basically still a 1080p monitor, no faster FPS rate.

he's purchasing a 780Ti, will handle 1440p no?

@OP i told you doomedspeed would deliver :p

Associate
right here's some pictures of the new monitor, one includes my hand (for scale) (i have medium sized hands?) and also angled towards an open patio door so you can see the reflection hazards of my particular monitor :p (glass cover), there's also the old G15 i gave to my mother in law at the bottom of the shot (RIP, Never forget)

http://imgur.com/a/T0WEW

Back
Top Bottom