**NEW** *Post a picture of yourself thread* - New Rules

Caporegime
Apparently, I can DJ reggae.

DSC_0423_zpsfa630245.jpg

you should change your bed room wallpaper :p but... mum its a banger ! :D

Associate
Vinyl will never, ever be dead.

+1

What a stupid thing to say. Having started on vinyl (Obviously a long time ago) and used CDJs. It's chalk and cheese.

I mean for the ankle biters I guess they end up starting with crap these days and get accustomed to it, but some of us started when there was actually skill involved in DJing :D

Permabanned
+1

What a stupid thing to say. Having started on vinyl (Obviously a long time ago) and used CDJs. It's chalk and cheese.

I mean for the ankle biters I guess they end up starting with crap these days and get accustomed to it, but some of us started when there was actually skill involved in DJing :D

Cool starry bra.

Tell me that isn't skill :)

Ps: I can also use Vinyl, CDJs, DDJ equipment, and the Launchpad. So, rather than just being stuck on Vinyl (and I've been chatting to a lot of DJs recently, even Hatcha agrees that vinyl is dying) which requires me to lug a massive box to sets, or CDs, which require me to lug quite a huge wallet to sets and sort out issues with CDs/dodgy CDJs, I can rock up with the macbook, a couple of timecode vinyls and CDs, and do just as good a set using either 320 mp3s, or FlAC.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess the people criticizing the new DJ equipment don't use Microsoft Word and Excel, they don't use calculators, they don't use internet

but they use pen and paper, their brain, and books.

Soldato
Vinyl will never, ever be dead.

It sure is, has not been industry standard in clubs for a good few years, now your lucky to even see them in clubs unless on special request.

STAHP :(

Is that your own gear?

No was the night i played at.

I guess the people criticizing the new DJ equipment don't use Microsoft Word and Excel, they don't use calculators, they don't use internet

Someone who can see the light :)

Last edited:
Associate

Fail analogy is fail.

It's not about technology.
The technology is great and as Shayper points out there is skill involved. The :D emoticon denotes me not being entirely serious.

It being slightly tongue in cheek doesn't alter the fact that the 'new way of DJing' is a hell of a lot easier and for an old fart like me that used/uses vinyl it's something that I don't want to lose.
It's an art! I'm sure Shayper will agree with me on that.

Back
Top Bottom