**NEW** *Post a picture of yourself thread* - New Rules

Man of Honour
On the Valee Blanche on Monday

3259.jpg

And having just done a big uphill hike out

3261x.jpg

Permabanned
Keep going at it Shayper, we all start somewhere. :)

Looks like you are doing well and enjoying it, which is all that matters.

Thankyou :D

I remember when he was still using ironing boards. You HAVE come a long way Shayper, keep it up :p

If there's a party that requires it, the ironing board shall rise again! :p

Pfft, when all the cool kids be like 'maaan I love Shayper's new material' I be all like 'duuude, I remember his ironing board days'... :p

:D:D:D

Soldato
Fail analogy is fail.

It's not about technology.
The technology is great and as Shayper points out there is skill involved. The :D emoticon denotes me not being entirely serious.

It being slightly tongue in cheek doesn't alter the fact that the 'new way of DJing' is a hell of a lot easier and for an old fart like me that used/uses vinyl it's something that I don't want to lose.
It's an art! I'm sure Shayper will agree with me on that.

I can see the convenience behind CDJs, simply because most clubs don't maintain vinyl turntables. Also more resistance to skipping and vinyl is obviously more expensive than WAV/MP3. However, it takes far more raw ability to produce a seamless live mix on a set of 1210's. The skill needed to mix without trainwrecking on 2-4 turntables for any length of time is unbelievable. This is probably why top end vinyl DJ's on occasion, still clash and make mistakes. Shayper mentioned Hatcha; he was a terrible DJ who could barely beatmatch when he used vinyl, now he's using CDJs and double dropping like there's no tomorrow.

At the end of the day 99% of punters see a DJ for the music, not for his/her ability. They don't care if the medium is through an iPod, Albeton, CDJs or vinyl turntables. It's music and that's all that matters.

I have massive respect for the likes of Mala and London Elektricity who still roll with vinyl in their respective genres though.

:D

Permabanned
I can see the convenience behind CDJs, simply because most clubs don't maintain vinyl turntables. Also more resistance to skipping and vinyl is obviously more expensive than WAV/MP3. However, it takes far more raw ability to produce a seamless live mix on a set of 1210's. The skill needed to mix without trainwrecking on 2-4 turntables for any length of time is unbelievable. This is probably why top end vinyl DJ's on occasion, still clash and make mistakes. Shayper mentioned Hatcha; he was a terrible DJ who could barely beatmatch when he used vinyl, now he's using CDJs and double dropping like there's no tomorrow.

At the end of the day 99% of punters see a DJ for the music, not for his/her ability. They don't care if the medium is through an iPod, Albeton, CDJs or vinyl turntables. It's music and that's all that matters.

I have massive respect for the likes of Mala and London Elektricity who still roll with vinyl in their respective genres though.

:D

Tell me that doesn't require skill :)

Soldato
I actually use both Serato and vinyl, have done for years. Not feasible to use solely vinyl and I don't like the concept of using CDJs. Mixing real and digital vinyl is the only option for me :p

Suspended

Tell me that doesn't require skill :)

That is friggin' awesome. Want moar. Where do I get/download? I have no clue what sub-genre this even is, I can't catch up these days.

EDIT: This is smart:

I take it these things auto quantitise because it all sounds far too tight to be proper realtime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom