** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Soldato
120Hz really that good?

Fancy a new monitor, not sure if i should just go for a decent 24 - 27" 60Hz or pay the extra for a 120Hz.. :o

Willing to pay extra if 120Hz is as good as some people claim. :)

Soldato
Anyone know if a Display-port cable comes with these monitors?

I'm on the brink of buying one, but i have a friend who claims no Display-port came with his 950D, looking at the 750D myself.

Associate
What are the options for using 3xs27a750d's for eyefinity/surround?

Seeing as they are DP only, how easy will it be to hook them up to the GPU's. One of my 580's has a DP connector on it but only one. At most the AMD cards only have 2 don't they.

Is it possible?

Associate
Ok I have had my Sammy 750D for a few months now and still loving the the 120hz gaming, which is why I bought it.

I have only just remembered that is also 3D...lolz!!!

I tried the monitors 2d to 3d inbuilt thingy to watch a standard blue ray (Avatar) but I was a little disappointed in the depth..it looked a bit crud tbh.

So my question is, has anybody got any advice on what I need to do to get the most out of 3D movie watching?

ie:
1) What software, if any?
2)Do I need 3d films (or can you use standard 2d films but the software converts them)
3) Which setting to use

ect ect...

Thanks for your help.

btw I am using ATI 6970 with latest drivers with DP cable if that matters at all??

Associate
1) I used PowerDVD, but I know others use Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre.
2) It will do 2D to 3D conversion, but 3D Blu-Rays are your best bet. You can also find 3D films on YouTube, these are usually in side-by-side mode.
3) Frame Sequential is the best mode, especially if you are using the DisplayPort connection. You just need to turn 3D on in PowerDVD, or whatever software you use.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if the Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D works with an Nvidia GPU or if the screen (950D) does all the 3D work instead for playing movies? Not bothered about the requirement for AMD GPU for games, as I wont be playing games in 3D, but will be watching movies. Don't really want to have to sell my 570 and go through all that hassle just to watch movies in 3D with Cyberlink PowerDVD.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom