NEW SAMSUNG GAMING 49", 32" & 27" CURVED HDR, 144Hz, WQHD LIKE A BOSS MONITORS!!

Permabanned
Thanks for the NO that is all I need to hear, the workaround is not a workaround as I already know it works in other browsers and statement I did not want that method.

I'm off to shoot Nazis cause Opens Water 3 is pants...

Associate
Just updated my C27HG70 with new firmware 1016.2. Standard is 120 to 144 Hz and Ultimate 48 to 144 Hz. A much better range on ultimate now. The information setting now states this monitor is FreeSync 2.
A worth while update.

Do you have the link for this?.
Can't seem to find 1016.2 on samsung site.
Only 1015.1 Is showing.
Many thanks

Soldato
Just updated my C27HG70 with new firmware 1016.2. Standard is 120 to 144 Hz and Ultimate 48 to 144 Hz. A much better range on ultimate now. The information setting now states this monitor is FreeSync 2.
A worth while update.

I'm still on the fence if this would be a good monitor for the Xbox 1X, that is getting native 1440p support soon, and is touted as supporting freesync 2.

The only downsides I see on the C27HG70 are
- Not 4K (obviously), I currently have a 24" 1080p monitor which this would replace, it's a sim racing rig that I can slide the chair back when needed, so do sit about 3-4 feet away max which I think means 4K is largely wasted in that scenario.
- Freesync 2 mandates LFC, but is this going to actually work for a Xbox 1x where I imagine it would be useful for games that dip into the 20's fps wise (games targetting 30fps) or games targetting 60fps but getting 40-60fps? Both of those use cases are pretty much below the 48Hz stated, and I don't know if LFC would help when things are sub 30?

Other than that, the reviews seem OK, HDR with 600nits is more than enough for me, and the response times are better than my current setup.

Of course, I'd also hook up my PC to it, (GTX970) where 1080p 144hz is achievable, or 1440p60 at a minimum.

Associate
I got my c32hg70 for a month now and I am returning it.
I could live with the ghosting but the freesync range issues are too annoying to ignore.
Its especially bad around 72 fps when it goes in and out of lfc the screen tearing get awful :(.
too bad I really like it otherwise.

Associate
I'm still on the fence if this would be a good monitor for the Xbox 1X, that is getting native 1440p support soon, and is touted as supporting freesync 2.

The only downsides I see on the C27HG70 are
- Not 4K (obviously), I currently have a 24" 1080p monitor which this would replace, it's a sim racing rig that I can slide the chair back when needed, so do sit about 3-4 feet away max which I think means 4K is largely wasted in that scenario.
- Freesync 2 mandates LFC, but is this going to actually work for a Xbox 1x where I imagine it would be useful for games that dip into the 20's fps wise (games targetting 30fps) or games targetting 60fps but getting 40-60fps? Both of those use cases are pretty much below the 48Hz stated, and I don't know if LFC would help when things are sub 30?

Other than that, the reviews seem OK, HDR with 600nits is more than enough for me, and the response times are better than my current setup.

Of course, I'd also hook up my PC to it, (GTX970) where 1080p 144hz is achievable, or 1440p60 at a minimum.

Is it not the case that Xbox 1X games are going to be solid 60FPS with the dynamic scaling trying to maintain 4K. It seems the frame rate is more important then the resolution with the new consoles.
Maybe wait until CES in Jan and see what new monitors get announced? Its not that far off now.

Back
Top Bottom