NEW SAMSUNG GAMING 49", 32" & 27" CURVED HDR, 144Hz, WQHD LIKE A BOSS MONITORS!!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Has anyone had screen tearing issues with these monitors? Does this really match a G-Sync monitor for smoothness? Would really appreciate input from owners.

Associate
Has anyone had screen tearing issues with these monitors? Does this really match a G-Sync monitor for smoothness? Would really appreciate input from owners.
I have just fitted a 1080ti and will test out in the coming days. SWBF2 seems fine so far, but the HDR seems odd. The game colour is washed out.
Going to install destiny 2 and see how that goes. I am also downloading Wolfenstien New Blood as that always teared with my R9 290 and FreeSync or LFC did not help it on this monitor.

Associate
Had my one from the release Samsung 49", Has been brilliant for BF1/4 and Grid but that's all I play oh and PUBG but I run that at 1920x1080, I did try going back to my Catleap 27" screen for PUBG but it feels slow even with the 120hz overclock. Never seen tearing on the Samsung, but like others have said the HDR is a bit crap, used it on BF1 but it makes the game dark and washed out. maybe it would work better on other games.

Soldato
So finally upgrading my old s23a700d I've ordered the 32".

Really looking forward to it but how am I going to cope with 2x r9 290 tri x crossfired?

Mostly playing bf1, pubg, rising storm 2 etc and looking to get back into racing.

Do I need MOAR POWAAH!, or will I be ok?

Soldato
Yes... I'm using a 1070 in an "experienced" x58 system.

Sorry Stu, something wrong with my alerts and didn't see your reply until now.

I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to screen tearing. These monitors are supposed to be really smooth to play even without sync tech, but, I don't think they will be close to the smoothness that Gsync provides.

Associate
Would it be possible to have 360 view, multiple 49" monitors all wrapped around you? Then maybe three high.
If you had roughly 9 of them you would create a circle around yourself with a diameter of 3.6m.

Does get very costly for 3 high though:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £31,319.73 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Or just buy an HTC Vive​

Soldato
im looking for HDR gaming monitor and all i see are HDR Freesync

where is the HDR Gsync monitors ? :D

Nvidia is making a special module for HDR gaming, and demand from manufacturers 1000nits and independent dimming.
So there are no panels for monitors to support this. AUO is making one starting production this month, and the monitors out some time Q2 2018.
However the announced prices of the monitors, put them at the price range of 55 OLED TVs. (between £1500-£1700).

And been AUO panels, I wonder how bad the lottery to find a good one, going to be.

Soldato
A couple of months on this seems to be the main thread for the 49" Samsung. I'm close to buying it so I can have my HDR 600ish telly in the living room and this on my desk. I just have a few questions. CHG90.

4K movies with borders - I take it there is no loss of image quality?
Fast Sync on Nvidia - Best way to go for smoothness on this screen? or just cap at 144 and use a mode on the screen like FPS mode?
HDR600 - Now that Windows 10 has the white balance scale in the options which largely fixes HDR gaming on my Sony TV (500-600nit TV) how is HDR on CHG90 now?

Caporegime
4K movies with borders - I take it there is no loss of image quality?

No, you need at least a 1600-pixel wide UW monitor for this for the full resolution without black bars above and below (such as the LG 38UC99, I've had this and it's glorious for 4k movies). To clarify, I found that 4k rips look great on the Samsung :)

Fast Sync on Nvidia - Best way to go for smoothness on this screen? or just cap at 144 and use a mode on the screen like FPS mode?

I have one of these Sammy's atm and find that if I keep the fps above 90 then it's v v smooth (coming from Asus PG348Q)

HDR600 - Now that Windows 10 has the white balance scale in the options which largely fixes HDR gaming on my Sony TV (500-600nit TV) how is HDR on CHG90 now?

Still find it quite hit and miss, some games fine and some still don't quite get it right. Still in it's infancy on Windows it seems :(

Hope this helps :)

Soldato
No, you need at least a 1600-pixel wide UW monitor for this for the full resolution without black bars above and below (such as the LG 38UC99, I've had this and it's glorious for 4k movies). To clarify, I found that 4k rips look great on the Samsung :)
Thanks sounds good. Do you use a forced vsync option or preferred option for gaming? Do you use the racing or fps modes?

I have one of these Sammy's atm and find that if I keep the fps above 90 then it's v v smooth (coming from Asus PG348Q)

Still find it quite hit and miss, some games fine and some still don't quite get it right. Still in it's infancy on Windows it seems :(

Hope this helps :)

Thanks!
Do you use a specific vsync mode?

Back
Top Bottom