• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Sapphire Pulse 6800 Faulty?

Soldato
Right I'll do this. Should I tick Log to file before I run the game?

You don't need to since you will see the waveform anyway. Just run Heaven benchmark for a few minutes and then post a pic of the gpu-z sensors screen on here. Also are the pci-e cables 6pin+2pin or something else?

GPU-z will show something like this image taken from LEgit reviews :
https://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-graphics-card-overclocking_224961

** Do Not Hotlink Images **

https://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/3dmark-radeon-rx6800-overclocked-max.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Destiny 2
I had the game running where the fans don't spin at times which caused the game to crash and freeze, also weird power usage of GPU.
Weird in what way?

You should be able to log performance with the radeon software tbh, though I don't know how it'll compare to the others already mentioned. You should be able to press CTRL+SHIFT+O to bring up a metrics overlay showing power usage, fps, frequency, temps, gpu+cpu+ram+vram usage.

While my card is older (rx580), the behaviour to me sounds to me like when my card decides to downclock because the extra speed isn't needed. Though 5000 and onwards had more variable frequency than previous cards.

Edit: also, jesus christ that box. Looks like someone used it as a football.

Associate
OP
You don't need to since you will see the waveform anyway. Just run Heaven benchmark for a few minutes and then post a pic of the gpu-z sensors screen on here. Also are the pci-e cables 6pin+2pin or something else?

GPU-z will show something like this image taken from LEgit reviews :
https://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-graphics-card-overclocking_224961

https://www.legitreviews.com/wp-con...dmark-radeon-rx6800-overclocked-max.jpg[/IMG]
I'll try this and report back :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Weird in what way?

You should be able to log performance with the radeon software tbh, though I don't know how it'll compare to the others already mentioned. You should be able to press CTRL+SHIFT+O to bring up a metrics overlay showing power usage, fps, frequency, temps, gpu+cpu+ram+vram usage.

While my card is older (rx580), the behaviour to me sounds to me like when my card decides to downclock because the extra speed isn't needed. Though 5000 and onwards had more variable frequency than previous cards.

Edit: also, jesus christ that box. Looks like someone used it as a football.
I use the AMD Metrics overlay. Playing Destiny GPU PWR will go from 140W to 14W at random times or some weird low figure. During driving sparrow GPU Fan was 0RPM at 1440p max.

Never mind football more of headbutting.

Associate
So I purchased the Sapphire Pulse 6800 from OC. Arrived liked this, what a flimsy box though...

However product fine

Not the first person i have seen who has had there delivery arrive like a world class tapdancer used it as a platform to complete there gold medal performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use the AMD Metrics overlay. Playing Destiny GPU PWR will go from 140W to 14W at random times or some weird low figure. During driving sparrow GPU Fan was 0RPM at 1440p max.

Never mind football more of headbutting.

Run DDU and unintall all drivers not used there, in case its a driver from an old card causing this, go threw Nvidia and Amd gpu drivers and delete them with DDU if present on the system, then reinstall latest drivers again.

DDU :-

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Associate
Run DDU and unintall all drivers not used there, in case its a driver from an old card causing this, go threw Nvidia and Amd gpu drivers and delete them with DDU if present on the system, then reinstall latest drivers again.

DDU :-

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

he already has this from 1st post

I've even rebooted to safe mode. Uninstalled all AMD drivers using DDU and shutdown. Connected 3060 Ti. Installed latest nvidia drivers. No problem gaming in Destiny 2, Apex Legends etc. None of the menu lag or anything like that. I done two clean installation of Windows 10 using AMD GPU plugged in and updated to latest drivers from AMD. I've even tried the latest optional drivers which doesn't even help.

Associate
OP
After running Heaven on Extreme here are the results...

kkY0CAbc_o.gif

eeqvRNzy_o.gif

ofDiUbpK_o.gif

So I don't get it. During Heaven benchmark when camera fly through world it stutter randomly and the GPU fans randomly gets low at times.

Any ideas?

Soldato
After running Heaven on Extreme here are the results...

kkY0CAbc_o.gif

eeqvRNzy_o.gif

ofDiUbpK_o.gif

So I don't get it. During Heaven benchmark when camera fly through world it stutter randomly and the GPU fans randomly gets low at times.

Any ideas?

Generally it looks ok since the clock is steady but on your 2nd image there does seem to be some downclocks to near 0MHz which are where the stutter occurs right? The fanspeed looks about right at around 800-900rpm I reckon since many AIB cooler fans are low rpm since the heatsink is better than reference. What you can do with Heaven benchmark is set it to free camera or walking mode so you can manually move the view around. You should see a more stable waveform if standing in one place.

Some games simply do not put a high load on the gpu al the time and there might be a bug in the driver which sees the low load and downclocks the gpu. You can test this by enabling Virtual Super Resolution option in Radeon settings and then set game resolution to higher than your monitor native res (e.g set 4K if native is 1440P) and see if stuttering goes away. The higher resolution will put more load on the gpu so it might stop downclocking.

Also report the issue to AMD using the 'issue reporting' option in Radeon settings.

Soldato
he already has this from 1st post

I've even rebooted to safe mode. Uninstalled all AMD drivers using DDU and shutdown. Connected 3060 Ti. Installed latest nvidia drivers. No problem gaming in Destiny 2, Apex Legends etc. None of the menu lag or anything like that. I done two clean installation of Windows 10 using AMD GPU plugged in and updated to latest drivers from AMD. I've even tried the latest optional drivers which doesn't even help.

Totally misssed it .. I need a larger phone screen it seems :eek:. Good at least he's tried that then and ruled that out.

Associate
OP
Generally it looks ok since the clock is steady but on your 2nd image there does seem to be some downclocks to near 0MHz which are where the stutter occurs right? The fanspeed looks about right at around 800-900rpm I reckon since many AIB cooler fans are low rpm since the heatsink is better than reference. What you can do with Heaven benchmark is set it to free camera or walking mode so you can manually move the view around. You should see a more stable waveform if standing in one place.

Some games simply do not put a high load on the gpu al the time and there might be a bug in the driver which sees the low load and downclocks the gpu. You can test this by enabling Virtual Super Resolution option in Radeon settings and then set game resolution to higher than your monitor native res (e.g set 4K if native is 1440P) and see if stuttering goes away. The higher resolution will put more load on the gpu so it might stop downclocking.

Also report the issue to AMD using the 'issue reporting' option in Radeon settings.

Yes stutters occur around there when downlocking is going on.

Back
Top Bottom