New Sofa time

Soldato
We went to Sofology today, didn’t like anything as the sofa’s too modern looking. Also gave DFS a nosey, I liked a few and the girlfriend also like one or two, only problem is we didn’t like the same thing.
Doesn’t help when our choice has to take into account cat claws.

Soldato
We went to Sofology today, didn’t like anything as the sofa’s too modern looking. Also gave DFS a nosey, I liked a few and the girlfriend also like one or two, only problem is we didn’t like the same thing.
Doesn’t help when our choice has to take into account cat claws.
My in-laws have a brown leather M&S sofa and their dog uses it as a bed. Not sure if dog claws are comparable but it is coping extremely well.

Soldato
We walked into oakfurnitureland looking for a wardrobe and ended up buying a new sofa lol

It's the most comfortable thing I've ever sat on. Think it's called the goodwood, we got it in the suede grey.

Don
We walked into oakfurnitureland looking for a wardrobe and ended up buying a new sofa lol

It's the most comfortable thing I've ever sat on. Think it's called the goodwood, we got it in the suede grey.

I absolutely agree with you, the goodwood was a great sofa and one of the most comfortable I found in our recent hunt. Unfortunately it wasn't so comfortable in leather and with young kids wipe-clean is still a must for me :(

Soldato
I absolutely agree with you, the goodwood was a great sofa and one of the most comfortable I found in our recent hunt. Unfortunately it wasn't so comfortable in leather and with young kids wipe-clean is still a must for me :(
Loaf do a material called smart velvet which opens up spill-resistant/wipe down a bit beyond leather. Probably nowhere near as comprehensive as leather but another option if they've grown out of it slightly.

Soldato
Fyi OP I'm looking for a new sofa and I've found a great choice of nearly new stuff on eBay... Mega savings over RRP.
This, as you can buy some beautifully made sofas, even though they might be years old.

We recently bought an awesome Lignet Roset 3 seater sofa, that has a fully adjustable back which also can click down to become a double bed. Circa 2009 I think but hardly looked sat on and the quality of materials/manufacturing was incredible.

Buying a sofa from chain stores made of balsa wood and some rubbish leather is akin to buying a Persimmon new build :p

Associate
Fyi OP I'm looking for a new sofa and I've found a great choice of nearly new stuff on eBay... Mega savings over RRP.
This is exactly what we do now. There is no pint paying many thousands for a quality sofa when you can get them from ebay for many hundreds instead. We have bought several Parker Knoll sofas and chairs from ebay sellers and have been more than happy. Once you know what you want search ebay and they will often appear.

Associate
We purchased a 3 seater and single seater electric recliners a couple of years ago from Sofology in the same range as below (in black with soft leather). I was wary ordering from Sofology due to bad reviews but after spending weeks/months looking we couldn't find any others we liked elsewhere.

In the end they turned out to be delivered on time as expected and no issues as of yet!

i.php

Soldato
We purchased a 3 seater and single seater electric recliners a couple of years ago from Sofology in the same range as below (in black with soft leather). I was wary ordering from Sofology due to bad reviews but after spending weeks/months looking we couldn't find any others we liked elsewhere.

In the end they turned out to be delivered on time as expected and no issues as of yet!

i.php

How drab! I thought my monitor had broken in to greyscale mode for a second :D.

Back
Top Bottom