New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Episode 2 was much better. Apart from the face-palm inducing 'yay we succeeded' cheering on bridge, it was a very enjoyable episode that wasn't focused entirely on Burnham. Stamets is as ever, a joy to watch with is reactions to events unfolding and it was great to see that other bridge crew lady being put to use.

Man of Honour
Did anyone notice in episode 2, when they were taking them to the church near the end, that the church doors were plain white wood when they walked up to them and opened them, but then when they closed them they were stainedglass doors?

Edit: wait no, it was an external and internal set of doors.

Overall so far, its been better than season 1, though I do think that Pike is stealing the show in the same way that Lorca stole the show in the first season.

Caporegime
It's starting to feel more like an ensemble and less like the Michael Burnham show.

You could argue that the captain tends to be the main focus in star trek shows of the past, but they've always been an ensemble, focusing on different characters every episode.

Discovery didn't really do that last year, but other characters are starting to get a bit more screen time.

Soldato
It's starting to feel more like an ensemble and less like the Michael Burnham show.

You could argue that the captain tends to be the main focus in star trek shows of the past, but they've always been an ensemble, focusing on different characters every episode.

Discovery didn't really do that last year, but other characters are starting to get a bit more screen time.

AFAICT, the bridge crew had more lines in that one episode than the whole of series 1. Too much Tilly/Wesley though, and the "I see dead people" was totally obvious right from the first moment.

Associate
People should definitely give S02 a watch. I for one, wasn't excited about STD as the first season was going through the final few eps...
Now on the other hand, I can't wait for the next episode!

ps. The ship with the spore drive, makes me angry every time I see it. Less spore drive please, lots less.

Soldato
Really enjoyed episode 2, I didn't mind the first season tbf but this has started better for me.

Such a shame we have to wait a week I wish it was like other shows we're Netflix put up the entire season so I could binge watch it :(

Soldato
Can the spore drive go anywhere in the universe? Delta quadrant for example? I didn't think starfleet knew much about anything outside the alpha quadrant in TNG?

Unless they can't be bothered filing reports :p

Associate
I think they knew a lot about both Alpha and Beta quadrant, just not the delta or gamma quadrant IIRC.
But yeah, spore drive can go anywhere along the mycelial network. Which is a *new* discovered network, unsure of how large it is or whether it goes to other Galaxies. That's a bit meh to me, hopefully they kill off the mycelial network at some point, or the methods become unethical, or staments disappears into it and no one can use the network again.

Soldato
I think they knew a lot about both Alpha and Beta quadrant, just not the delta or gamma quadrant IIRC.
But yeah, spore drive can go anywhere along the mycelial network. Which is a *new* discovered network, unsure of how large it is or whether it goes to other Galaxies. That's a bit meh to me, hopefully they kill off the mycelial network at some point, or the methods become unethical, or staments disappears into it and no one can use the network again.

They used it to travel to the Mirror Universe, so if it can jump to alternate realities, it can probably hop around to another galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom