New Star Trek series - 2017

Associate
Yeah it would be a surprise to have an episode where things just moved at normal startrek pace.

Discovery really has moved on from its beginning that was a bit meh, if it can continue this pace and action in the second season it will become a trek classic - regardless of the design of the ship or look of the Klingon's.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
All the main plot twists have been obvious a mile away. Shame really as has been really good otherwise.

Agree with the first sentence. Cannot agree with the second I'm afraid - I keep trying with it but it's just so bloody awful.

Amongst the many, many things that this series is not doing well is the big one for me - continuity, and the Discovery team's penchant for stomping all over it. The latest example of which is the whole...

...'Lorca has light sensitivity issues because he's from the Mirror Universe, not because he was injured'...

...thing.

Yeah. Okay. Pretty sure I can guess which part of their anatomy the writer pulled that one from. I mean, that has never once been a thing before now - it won't be a thing when Kirk, McCoy, Scotty and Uhura swap places with their MU counterparts, it won't be a thing in any of the DS9 episodes that dealt with the MU. And it's not even a particularly interesting change, or one that even makes much sense.

Not many episodes left to salvage this first season. I still hope they pull it off, because I'm always going to be a Star Trek fan. I just wish this was still 'Trek', and not just 'A Generic Dark Sci-Fi Series With Superficially Trek-related Elements™'.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Not many episodes left to salvage this first season. I still hope they pull it off, because I'm always going to be a Star Trek fan. I just wish this was still 'Trek', and not just 'A Generic Dark Sci-Fi Series With Superficially Trek-related Elements™'.

To the agonizer for your treasonous comments!

Soldato
I know people have been guessing the plot twists but to be fair there are only so many logical options regardless and with the amount of collective Borg level of thought analysing this series people will get close or bang on. No different to any other series these days.

Another fantastic episode regardless.

Back
Top Bottom