New theme park: Universal Studios… Bedford!

Disneyland Paris doesn’t have the attention to detail with customer service that you get in USA, which is to be expected, but the main park areas are beautiful - it’s much bettered planned than Magic Kingdom with sight lines etc.

The adjacent studios park however is really dire :o

Another difference is the clientele - going to a US Disney park is generally a mega event, a long vacation with matching t-shirts for families etc. In Paris it’s school trips and tracksuit bottoms, so you do lose a bit of that ‘OMG we’re here!’ vibe… still, it’s nice.

Oh and the food isn’t so good…

Alright it’s not as good, ok? :p

Disneyland Paris doesn’t have the attention to detail with customer service that you get in USA, which is to be expected, but the main park areas are beautiful - it’s much bettered planned than Magic Kingdom with sight lines etc.

The adjacent studios park however is really dire :o

Another difference is the clientele - going to a US Disney park is generally a mega event, a long vacation with matching t-shirts for families etc. In Paris it’s school trips and tracksuit bottoms, so you do lose a bit of that ‘OMG we’re here!’ vibe… still, it’s nice.

Oh and the food isn’t so good…

Alright it’s not as good, ok? :p
Having done both I completely agree.

Can’t see it happening. Thought it might be something to do with the new Sky Studios at Elstree but it’s miles even from that!

It really doesn’t matter, but @Wing-Man you said “EU Universal Studios”.

EU = European Union, which is why people have made those comments about the European Union. I think you’ve acknowledged / get this, but juuuust making sure you get what people were talking about :)

Plenty of good theme parks in Europe of course, with Phantasialand and Europa-Park in Germany probably the two leaders :cool:

This area in Phantasialand is beautiful:

Energylandia in Poland for the two best coasters though, with Zadra being the best in Europe, IMO :)

Last edited:
It really doesn’t matter, but @Wing-Man you said “EU Universal Studios”.
EU = European Union, which is why people have made those comment about the European Union. I think you’ve acknowledged / get this, but juuuust making sure you get what people were talking about :)
yep my bad :D

Plenty of good theme parks in Europe of course, with Phantasialand and Europa-Park in Germany probably the two leaders :cool:
the problem the UK as is no way for the reast of Europa the visit other than the euro tunnel(lol a Good drive to Bedford) or fly. it not just a drive away if your out side of England, and i say England because even Ireland and Scotland its a massive drive

UNLESS they make it epic and it's worth a stay over... then comes the UK cost

Last edited:
It'll never pass planning due to noise. They've developed all around Cardington and Wixams is still under construction to the south. They've been trying to shut down Thurleigh for track days for years (and develop the site for housing) due to noise.

The Stewartby site was earmarked to become more soundstages for film studios to expand the facilities offered near Cardington and Thurleigh.

The Eden aquatics centre was originally penned for the brickworks site and Beds Borough spent millions supporting that campaign. This will become another taxpayer failed project and flogged for housing like every other major project.
I doubt it will happen either as it would create a load of problems in that area and a lot of the locals around here would throw a fit.
I really can't see the local road infrastructure supporting theme-park type traffic, the A421 is bad enough in the mornings and the A6 is mostly single lane (around there) from the north (Clapham/Great Denham) and south (from Luton/Barton), and would need to be heavily improved.
Plus the planned area for this park would encroach on Marston's country park, who i'm sure they would love having a theme park next door, the rough site for Stewartby studios, which i've got no idea if that's still planning to go ahead, and the interchange expansion rumours.

Saying that, this probably would finally lead to the Wixams station getting built :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom