New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

very good episode, and good on topgear for giving bentley a good kicking. how bad must that bentley be for them not to let topgear to have it? that bentley must be a total peach to drive :p

Gah, Clarkson still doesn't know the difference between turbo lag and boost threshold....

Judging by what he said (and in some case didn't) he just seemed to be finding any excuse to not like the scoob. And he was almost certainly lying about the power band anyway: unless the car has very silly gearing as well as a big turbo, it will happily accelerate at 60mph in fifth. Not in sixth, but in fifth it will. I also liked the way he glossed over how badly the Ford lost the drag race. And was it me, or did he mention the power of the Volvo and the Ford, but not the Subaru? Because it happens to be rather more than the Ford and about the same as the Volvo.

M

Judging by what he said (and in some case didn't) he just seemed to be finding any excuse to not like the scoob. And he was almost certainly lying about the power band anyway: unless the car has very silly gearing as well as a big turbo, it will happily accelerate at 60mph in fifth. Not in sixth, but in fifth it will. I also liked the way he glossed over how badly the Ford lost the drag race. And was it me, or did he mention the power of the Volvo and the Ford, but not the Subaru? Because it happens to be rather more than the Ford and about the same as the Volvo.

M

Does it matter?
you cant buy one. :D

Im sure he said the power of the scooby was 300 odd

i have to say to have cosworth "do" a Scoob seems pretty pointless to me. When I saw the Fords I was expecting something really exciting, like perhaps some mad Mondeo, or something completely different. Doesn't seem to me at least as worthwhile.

Really enjoyed last nights episode, the chase part at the end was great. :)
A good few laughs throughout the episode, loved that Ugo that they were using in place of the Bentley. :D

Really liked how they filmed the Subaru/Ford/Volvo bit, not sure what they'd done but to my non-film school eyes, it looked great. The Volvo also sounded insane, I'd even put up with that garish blue to have it in my life...

Great episode. It clearly highlighted the need for a spinoff show, where James/Jeremy drive around abandoned cold war sites and speak rubbish.

Was a good ep but the best bit was looking at those planes, if i found such a place no-one would ever see me again, well thats until i'd taken them all apart and built one good working one, love stuff like that.

Looking at the shot of the cockpit i cant imagine you'd be able to actually fly one mind, even if you got one working. Looked mental in comparison to anything ive been in. Massive manpoints to anybody who thinks they could :eek:

S65 was awesome. Predictably the star of the show for me :)

Loved last night's episode. That S63 is awesome. When they did the drag race and it overtook the Yugo it was :cool:

However i was annoyed that Clarkson did the whole "the Focus is faster than an M5" thing again. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom