New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

I missed last weeks episode but I didn't enjoy this weeks at all. I especially hate that **** Jonathan Ross. What does that guy think he's turned into? What a ****.

I watch it on PVR the following day which is a godsend for fast forwarding the celeb bit :D

[TW]Fox;18411431 said:
It was awesome.

It had me googling to pinpoint Albania and thinking about a long driving holiday!

50/50 for me as most Top Gear episodes, Jonathan Ross is a tit though and not in the least funny, but that segment rarely is. but on the whole 50/50 is a good result! Some guff some fantastic TV!

I like the way they keep turning 'up' the ffects each season, the amount of post production in the hot hatch segment was ace, the '3D style' C30 looked very good, if they start filming top gear in 3D it would look amazing! The creativity there, great stuff!

Loved that ep, seems like a return to form for Top Gear imo.

Remember the hot volvo being reviewed a few months back and getting a really good review, might have been Chris Harris and evo not sure. Damn shame it's not being produced, iirc it would have cost a fair bit as they used bits out of touring cars or such like.

I thought it was alright. I don't really get how personally people seem to feel about top gear (in a love it/loathe it/lament change) sort of a way. It's just entertainment. As usual, there were funny bits, cringey bits and interesting bits. Guess what, next week will be similar.

:confused:

To be fair, i'm not even sure why he's comparing a Ford Focus RS to a 5.0 V10 Super saloon?

He did it with the Vectra VXR too, stating it was the 8th fastest saloon in the world or soemthing. It's daft but not technically wrong, it's sort of like a form of pub talk. Shall we move on :p

not the best by a long shot but still decent clarksons ''i'm going off here'' comment when he thought he'd lost the yugo was a genuine lol moment for me

I enjoyed it & want to see more Cold War hardware laying about. I reckon you could plan a Mad road trip visiting disused airfields/sub bases & the like. :cool:

would have liked to have seen more of that

the impreza/focus/volvo bit was ok but the rest was awful

Hammond (although jokingly) made a very valid point about the hatch test - one car that doesn't exist versus two that you can't buy is rather pointless.

Not really much different to most of their group tests where they pit £200k + super cars against each other, ie cars that are out of reach to the majority of the viewers!

It had me googling to pinpoint Albania and thinking about a long driving holiday!

Then go in a proper off-roader, because most Albanian roads look like the mud track you saw, and not the proper roads. Especially in the far North and South. Both of which are dangerous for other reasons as well. The Durres highway is abou the only proper modern road, and then only as far as the edges (you'd understand what I meant if you saw it).

M

FWD against AWD in the wet = FWD looking like it's going backwards. Of course it couldn't match the AWD cars off the line, but the terminal speed didn't appear that much slower.

We all know that, but it misses the point: which was the way that Clarkson for so biased for the Ford that he didn't mention it. Or say much about how much faster the scoob was around the track given how he'd intimated that the Ford had the better handling. I'm used to a little personal opinion, but it was so biased I thought that I'd accidentally tuned into Fifth Gear. That said, I've heard Clarkson say at least twice in other shows that AWD cars are slower to launch than RWD cars.

M

Back
Top Bottom