New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Lovely jaaaag. Why are they blurring out his wrist watch?

Can't say I noticed it at the time but watching it back on iPlayer its slightly odd? I'm guessing they also did the usual thing of filming the "challenge" then re-shooting the exterior shots of the car because as JC passed Stonehenge it looked a lot like the sun was coming up already. Still, nitpicking as it was a great episode bar Two Jags. Much better than last week.

I think it was to do with the fact that the owners of the Porker and Ferrari wouldn't let the Stig thrape it round the track.

Senna movie is set to be released in June this year in the UK. I dunno if this is a hard copy or cinema release though.

We haven't seen the film of the Hummer getting blown up that was in the trailer, as well as the bit with Hammond driving some huge thing through a wall. Hopefully that's in this episode too!

Still none the wiser on this. There's stuff in the trailer we didn't see. 6 episodes my rear!

Last edited:
I think it was to do with the fact that the owners of the Porker and Ferrari wouldn't let the Stig thrape it round the track.

Yeah, can till the F50 was a set up, on the line then pans to a camera 100s of yards away with smoke coming out of it, clearly they used a smoke machine and used a different camera so you couldn't see it as clearly.

Can't say I noticed it at the time but watching it back on iPlayer its slightly odd? I'm guessing they also did the usual thing of filming the "challenge" then re-shooting the exterior shots of the car because as JC passed Stonehenge it looked a lot like the sun was coming up already. Still, nitpicking as it was a great episode bar Two Jags. Much better than last week.

was strange about the wrist watch considering sure the F40/959 there was clearly a can of carlsberg in the arm of the chair ;) lol

best star in the reasonably priced car in a LONG time! fantastic ep this week. shame its last in the series. now isnt there a special due ;)

Senna movie is set to be released in June this year in the UK. I dunno if this is a hard copy or cinema release though.

Still none the wiser on this. There's stuff in the trailer we didn't see. 6 episodes my rear!

pretty sure same comments came up last year and they used the same clips/intro for both series. more like a summer brake than a new series.

can understand that but more insight/technical info would have been nice

Yeah it would have been, two awesome cars like that they should have spent a bit more time on I thought.

Yeah, can till the F50 was a set up, on the line then pans to a camera 100s of yards away with smoke coming out of it, clearly they used a smoke machine and used a different camera so you couldn't see it as clearly.

F40 blud but agreed.

Of course it was staged, how can you think otherwise, it was clear they would never set a lap, before they even cut to the track. Owners permision/insurance is expect. Hammond gave it away big style when he said I can't believe they've allowed us to do a lap.

Back
Top Bottom