New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Watched the re-run today and noticed something, is it just me or does it seem like the sound techs just bought the soundtrack to Tron Legacy and a classical album then went on holiday? lol

Watched the re-run today and noticed something, is it just me or does it seem like the sound techs just bought the soundtrack to Tron Legacy and a classical album then went on holiday? lol

I was watching The Horizon Guide: Moon on iPlayer the other day and I found myself wondering how much it would have cost the BBC to license all the Sigur Ros music they'd used in the show.

Yep pretty much spot on!...I was thinking hang on they used that last week and the week before - still awesome soundtrack :D

Liked the second hand car for <£7000 vs Nissan Pixo bit. I really want a Mazda RX-8 as my first car - damn this show! :p

They have been using film scores for years on new TG. Predator and Aliens featured a lot in older episodes. Identifying film music is part of the fun watching TG. I laughed at hearing Morricone's 'The Thing' music in the polar expedition special :D

I was thinking this to, most of the background music from the last 3 episodes was from Tron Legacy. Not complaining mind, good soundtrack.

I believe that the BBC has the rights to use any music that is sold in the UK, or something similar. Essentially they can use anything on Top Gear and not pay a penny :)

Brilliant episode, much prefer this balance of cars and silliness.

I believe that the BBC has the rights to use any music that is sold in the UK, or something similar. Essentially they can use anything on Top Gear and not pay a penny :)

Brilliant episode, much prefer this balance of cars and silliness.

i'd always wondered about the royalty implications of the BBC music library on radio 1 ,2 etc..

They were saying they've got almost every record every sold in it and regularly just dig old stuff out and play it. I did wonder how they could afford to do it.

They pay royalties like any other broadcaster. Unless they own the music or the rights have expired... Depending on the station and whether or not you're signed up to something like PRS also dictates how much and the means of measuring how much you get paid. On the DOA forums, a few people who've had tunes spun on 1xtra are getting 70p per minute played, whereas it's apparently up to 15-20 quid on Radio 1.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing, that damn show does my head in, he earns like £200 quid on a car but then uses like a week of labour .. does not compute Mr.Brewer!

I just like seeing the old cars on that show... and when he's doing his negotiating :D

Reminds me of Pawn Stars on Discovery, that part at least. :cool:

The fact they keep using Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack for nearly every car scene is really starting to annoy me, that album is amazing but it doesn't suit TopGear

Back
Top Bottom