New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

then if the ABC or other expensive thing went wrong, i'd sell it and buy another one

This is what lots of people say. It is of course complete rubbish - how do you sell a CL600 with defective ABC? I'll tell you how - by pricing it so cheap that somebody will buy it and fix the ABC. In which case after taking a loss as huge as that you might as well have fixed it in the first place.

They should take them to Ed China's workshop for a service and tidying up. Then they can take the mickey out of Mike Brewer as he sells them on for a measly profit without factoring in Ed's labour costs.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing, that damn show does my head in, he earns like £200 quid on a car but then uses like a week of labour .. does not compute Mr.Brewer!

My friends dad had this car. The air pump went.

£2k germany only part at the time (3-4 years ago). Total bill was over £4k...

Oh and they RUST like hell for some reason. Although that is covered by MB corrosion warranty :)

Meh - been looking into this half seriously now :) (well not much else to do in the evenings over here in Norway for a whole year) Leaky front struts? £800 each? No thanks - seal repair kit available for £80. Pump? £300. Worst comes to worst - abandon airmatic and fit normal springs. Job's a goodun. Not so scared now - £3-4K S here I come :) Dont like the sound of rust though :(. Anyway I'll stop hijacking the TG thread and start my own thread to be ridiculed in when I'm, actually serious.

We have a real love in with the Germans at the moment.

Giving them Train contracts, the fact we love Boris Becker, and Seb Vettel.

I didnt want to like him either, but its EXACTLY the same as the David Haye Vladimir Klitcshko situation.......

David Haye and Lewis Hamilton both come across as really rather nasty people, whereas both Seb Vettel and Klitcshko came across as true gentlemen, funny, dignified, intelligent, and very very likeable.

My opinion of the lad has changed totally now. He is in no way arrogant and is just enjoying being at the top, and you can tell he loves it as he always has a smile on his face regardless of the result that he gets at the end of the race.
Yep. I totally agree. I find a lot of the young British sports stars quite arrogant and up themselves, which considering they are only really 'very good' in their respective sports and not yet legends is pretty pathetic and damning of their self-opinions. We've got Lewis Hamilton who makes racist implications of stewards and acts in a very arrogant, untouchable way and then we've got Sebastian Vettel who has a laugh, has a decent go at pulling off a pretty hard to try if you're not British accent as a Brummie, he even 'corrected' Jeremy on the whole, "some say". :cool:

Vettel came across very well.

'Some say, you mean'...made me laugh.
He was friendly, polite, charming and although he's a bit of an Anglophile he was a real laugh and was a very good SIARPC. :)

Was a good episode, mainly down to vettle replacing the usual self promoters.
Didn't think much of the 7k segment... Bit pointless buying a 7k subaru that has a service ever 5k miles etc.

You've got the wrong car.

The 7k subaru only needs servicing every 10k miles and even then they are reasonable to service. Its the Evos (specifically the 7,8,9 i believe) that have the ridiculously short service schedule with oil changes every 4,500 miles etc.. Some models need servicing more / less than others, but the car with 4500 mile service intervals is the evo not the subaru.

http://www.grahamgoode.com/subaru/images/Subaru 10KService PricesMay2009.pdf

Compare that with the cost of servicing a brand new Mercedes or Audi and its not exactly expensive.

The point is that if you do the work yourself you could earn the kind of money he does..

exactly ! nobody is going to buy a broken car and then send it to a garage and pay for labour to fix it. The show is about fixing it in your own time which is free

Last edited:
His accents though - Oh my god!!:D:D Glad Jez was too polite to tell him they sucked bad :)
Well he did have a go, didn't he? :p My Brummie accent wouldn't have been much better and surely he's got to be rubbish at something!

I think the way Vettel laughed and creased up I'm sure he knew it wasn't the best accent ever.

[TW]Fox;19557497 said:
People who want to save some pennies don't buy V12 Mercs.

I would if I had the money :p.

Purely out of principle I'd never buy a new car.

ps. Great ep. Don't like the new RR looks.
My neighbour still has an 850 CSI, lovely looking car and great condition, but, I'd get the merc, if only for the massage seats.

Isn't the pixo a suzuki alto ? Anyhow, I didn't realize they were so crap, if it doesn't even have leccy windows and mirrors I wonder why the grandma on the corner around here even bought one, it's barely better than her old micra.

Last edited:
Purely out of principle I'd never buy a new car.

:confused: I wouldn't buy a new car either, but how does principle come into it?

Anyway I really enjoyed this episode, less random **** and more cars :cool:

Oh and what is up with Dr. Pain :confused: That time of the month? :eek::p

Well I really enjoyed that episode. IT's much more interesting having a racing driver as a SIARPC.

I think I enjoyed it as the filming was up to it's high standard, but it featured a lot more cars and less silliness.

Brilliant. :)

Back
Top Bottom