New toy R34 skyline

Caporegime
I never understand the purpose of these cars apart from having "it's a R34 GTR look a like bruv". The S15 is a equally pretty car and a better RWD chassis. and the R33 GTR is also a better buy because it has the 4WD system. Maybe if the RWD R34 had 4 doors or something it could be a great family cruiser.

What do these weight btw. I guess they are pretty heavy?

Associate
I never understand the purpose of these cars apart from having "it's a R34 GTR look a like bruv". The S15 is a equally pretty car and a better RWD chassis. and the R33 GTR is also a better buy because it has the 4WD system. Maybe if the RWD R34 had 4 doors or something it could be a great family cruiser.

Unlike an s15's sr20 the r34 has the mighty rb25 which is a bloody brilliant engine

Also, r34 gtr's cost like £20k where as a good gtt can come under £10k.

By your logic a bmw 330 is usless because you can buy a m3.

The gtt is a very capable car, anyone who thinks its just a "cheap" gtr is missing the point. The fact that the gtt is front engined rwd shows its a car to have fun with, its got hardly non of the naggy gtr computers trying to take control of you.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Not normally a fan of the R34 GTT as it just doesn't quite look right without the GTR's muscular arches, it just looks a little 'awkward' to me. That said, it looks like a lovely example, and I know how much fun the RWD Skylines are to drive, used to really enjoy my old R33 GTS-t, it was ridiculoisly easy to hold sideways :D The engine is an absolute peach too :)

Enjoy.

Soldato

whats the point of a rwd skyline?

well im into cars, i love em, but i would seriously think twice about saddling myself up with the burden of that complex 4wd and 4ws system.

the rwd car will be far simpler with far fewer things to break.

i personally would prefer rwd over 4wd as the 4wd cars ive driven have all felt like they had infinite grip which i really didnt get along with

there is a lot going for the 2wd Skylines :D

Caporegime
Unlike an s15's sr20 the r34 has the mighty rb25 which is a bloody brilliant engine

Also, r34 gtr's cost like £20k where as a good gtt can come under £10k.

By your logic a bmw 330 is usless because you can buy a m3.

The gtt is a very capable car, anyone who thinks its just a "cheap" gtr is missing the point. The fact that the gtt is front engined rwd shows its a car to have fun with, its got hardly non of the naggy gtr computers trying to take control of you.

Your missing my point. If you have 10k to spend I can not see why you would not get a S15 silvia over one of these? The SR20 is just as capable of huge power with a better RWD chassis beneath it. Like wise "if" you bought the R34GTT to be a GTR look alike you could get a nice R33 V-Spec for 10k.

In my opinion it's in that no mans land where there are better options for either tastes (whether you want a GTR or a RWD Nissan).

Soldato
I love the R34 one of my dream cars. Looks like a nice car, but if it was my money I wouldn't get the GTT. I'd get a R33 GTR, I know it's an old car, but damn it looks beastly in an ugly kind of way.

Soldato
Your missing my point. If you have 10k to spend I can not see why you would not get a S15 silvia over one of these? The SR20 is just as capable of huge power with a better RWD chassis beneath it. Like wise "if" you bought the R34GTT to be a GTR look alike you could get a nice R33 V-Spec for 10k.

In my opinion it's in that no mans land where there are better options for either tastes (whether you want a GTR or a RWD Nissan).

but if you didnt want a 4 pot turbo then the S15 wouldnt suit you.

and im sure £ for £ the R34 would be faster than an S15

Caporegime
but if you didnt want a 4 pot turbo then the S15 wouldnt suit you.

and im sure £ for £ the R34 would be faster than an S15

Which if all you want is straight line speed then £ for £ R33 GTR is even better with the RB26. See my point?

The skyline is also 200kg's heavier than a S15 so it's not going to handle as well and is going to need more power to ofset the weight disadvantage.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Seems my other thread was deleted, with the good pictures.
Small update, Given its christmas day
To: Me

1x Link G4 full engine management system with antilag and launch control, AFM removal, 3 bar map sensor, custom mapping.
1x Exedy paddle clutch system

should be fun, going to run 1.5 bar. All to be fitted in first week or 2 of Jan

Back
Top Bottom