New Trainers

Soldato
Please don't take this as a dig at anyone... we all have our spending weaknesses (mine's anything related to photography). But over the last decade or so it's been fascinating to see how trainers have become a fashion/collectable item for men in the same way that only women's footwear used to be. Not for men, obviously. (Well, not unless that secret pair of size 10 stilettos at the back of the wardrobe count. But hey, you've got to aerate the lawn somehow!)

I think manufacturers and retailers have done a great marketing job in this area. Still, the same can be said of just about everything, which I suppose is how consumer spending ends up being responsible for something like 70% of GDP. It's the 'earn money just to burn money' era.

I wonder if this trend for massive trainer choice will survive the lean period we're entering?

Andrew McP... whose only pair of trainers (for running in, funnily enough) are made by Clarks and were very cheap in a sale. Rumours that I wouldn't recognise a fashion statement if it was stamped on my forehead are entirely true. ;)

Caporegime
Tbh, threads like this will result in the same way that posts such as "Zomg, Look at my <insert personal preference>, ain't it great?!" always go.

Some will like, others will hate and we'll have 5 pages of why someone else's taste is not as good as another posters.

Gawd bless the intarwebz!

Man of Honour
Andrew, Clarks trainers are gonna be garbage for running in :/

I can understand someone not being a big fan of trainers, but if you're a regular runner I'd go with proper trainers.

Soldato
Please don't take this as a dig at anyone... we all have our spending weaknesses (mine's anything related to photography). But over the last decade or so it's been fascinating to see how trainers have become a fashion/collectable item for men in the same way that only women's footwear used to be. Not for men, obviously. (Well, not unless that secret pair of size 10 stilettos at the back of the wardrobe count. But hey, you've got to aerate the lawn somehow!)

I think manufacturers and retailers have done a great marketing job in this area. Still, the same can be said of just about everything, which I suppose is how consumer spending ends up being responsible for something like 70% of GDP. It's the 'earn money just to burn money' era.

I wonder if this trend for massive trainer choice will survive the lean period we're entering?

Andrew McP... whose only pair of trainers (for running in, funnily enough) are made by Clarks and were very cheap in a sale. Rumours that I wouldn't recognise a fashion statement if it was stamped on my forehead are entirely true. ;)

You need to go back to a more simple time. Such as around 0030 A.D. There was a man who fashioned the most extreme footwear; some of which is still in use today.

Soldato
You like?
train2yu0.jpg

Hello coco

B@Th*nG

Soldato
OP
Hello coco

B@Th*nG

Ehhh?

[FnG]magnolia;11930441 said:
Is that a rhetorical question because most people have either wept for your choice in shoes or openly laughed at you, fella :/

Just thought someone muct like themas well as me....

My tastes are normally a little different from others but I still don't like them at all. My current trainers are a pair of Adidas Dragons and a pair of Adidas Superstar 1 (white/brown suede)

Sob sob. Oh well, I'll live...and look super cool walking down the street tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom