New Trainers

Soldato
No true, from memory you have room right? I set off filling a wall in our home office which is a converted loft so very little wall space.

I'm going to add shelves to our garden room/gym but I'm conflicted because firstly it's not in the house so I'm only in there about an hour a day then also in winter whilst it's entirely watertight and properly insulated etc it can get a little condensationy which we've handled fine with a dehumidifier and no sign of any moult or damp but it's just a worry for having thousands of pounds of trainers in there.

It sounds mental but we've already agreed the next house move includes a room I can use for it. I guess I'm at that point in life where some people buy a porsche so in that context it's not so mad.

Also, sure, go to the states with a suitcase. You'd still need to win the bloody raffles or deal with shockx

Soldato
Yeah I'm lucky to have a fair bit of room but my external office is now full to the brim and overflowing with boxes. It also gets to about 40 deg in the afternoon sun so the aircons often going flat out.

Considering something like a lined container or building a sealed lined room inside one of our sheds and fitting it with another air con.

I'd worry about the garden room unless you can cool it, the heat swings will destroy am1 soles pretty quickly. I've already had to deal with some older pairs outsoles peeling after letting it get hot for a few days. Bit worried about some of the older pairs missiles too, that I had before I got the Aircon fitted.

Direct sunlight is the other biggie to avoid. It's mad how quickly they can discolour and fade. My blinds are kept down all day.

Ha yeah I'm with you. We should be allowed our little eccentricities. Although I'll be honest after realising the value of what I had after spreadsheeting it all, it is fun dreaming about what car I could buy instead.

Even from stockx at 5 or 6 pairs I recon it would cover flights easy. There's £300 in duty just on the giraffe pair.

Soldato
ugh... well there's basically no direct sunlight but obviously the temperature swings. But it also does in the loft. I think I'll just have to accept that for now.

Soldato
Good choice, I got the orange ones and they're real sleepers. Some nice colours in there.
Thanks ! Went for the plain black/grey colour.

twmJ0TubVkVr.jpg

Soldato
You can get bigger sizes through stockx which seems a bit suss to me but there's no way there's any reps of them about.

I think my size (uk 9) is a women's 11? Not sure, I want to do some test buys to figure it out. Why on earth these are women's only I don't know.

Soldato
You can get bigger sizes through stockx which seems a bit suss to me but there's no way there's any reps of them about.

I think my size (uk 9) is a women's 11? Not sure, I want to do some test buys to figure it out. Why on earth these are women's only I don't know.

They have the same sizing as Nike, the biggest on StockX is women US 12 (UK 9.5)

Soldato
UK9 is US Womens 11.5. UK sizes womens and mens are the same. I think I got a uk9.5 and 2x uk6

They dont go as high as the wabisabi and lumieres do. My uk11 is a USW 13.5 but there arent many of those about.

Commissario
Can anyone identify these trainers or at least give me a current equivalent. They're so comfortable but I've worn them to death. If I could find the same, I'd buy about five pairs!

3Z2atxb.jpeg

Dy88laN.jpeg

Soldato
Air max guile I think.

90s would have the same comfort, especially the recraft pairs but can cost more. Those guiles don't seem to be on general sale but there's a few floating about on ebay and some on Amazon.

Air max SC from sports direct for a cheaper option

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had some shox in the past and I sort of like Supreme but it is a bit too nakedly hype beasty for my liking.

The shox themselves I think were of a time, like I had some in the noughties, can't quite think what I was thinking now tbh, but then I'm... Older...

Back
Top Bottom