• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Vega 56 Pulse Crashes

Associate
OP
wouldn't push the pulse too hard , PCB isn't as good as Nirto, Windforce, Strix ( when its not on fire). though damn good for its price point

i know the higher units are superflower but stating here seasonic are oem for lower watt/range

https://forums.evga.com/Who-is-the-OEM-for-this-new-EVGA-PSU-EVGA-220GS0850V1-850W-m2292107.aspx

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/sho...ime-triggered-by-sudden-power-increases/page6

might help, but dont think thats the issue

I think my OC average and not aggressive, set P6 at 1542 @1000mv and P7 at 1592 @1000mv , actual core clock 1500MHz and 935MHz on HBM @1000mv... max 180watt power consumption...

I will test my GPU and PSU on my brothers PC, as Danny75 advised...

I`ve ordered backup Asrock motherboard in case my is faulty... Expensive Vega 56 at the end =)))

I think one of the possibilities could be that ITX board not providing the necessary additional power through the PCIe slot. Hence why it was fine on your brother's system.

PSU maybe. Bit of a pain to test the PSU in your brother's system but if possible do it to rule it out.

Thank you for the advice, I will try it!

Associate
OP
This should have been the first thing to investigate?

Hey it crashes OC??? does it do it on stock???

Archie you are just pushing the card too hard. Do it in 5-10% oc until you find a stable range.

I`ve tried my GPU on my brothers PC and it worked fine even OC`d (P6 at 1542 @1000mv and P7 at 1592 @1000mv , actual core clock 1500MHz and 935MHz on HBM @1000mv... max 180watt) no drops on core clock no drops on power draw... no crashes...

I have issue with power drops -> core clock drops -> stutters on my computer and it occurs even on Balanced mode and OC`d...

As Danny75 said about PCI-E, I also started suspect that something wrong with PCI-E slot on my motherboard because I`ve just bought new PSU EVGA 750w... shouldn't be a problem for new PSU...

I will be able to do some tests tomorrow, so I will update my thread on Saturday/Sunday.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I`ve swapped my mini-itx motherboard to a new one but the problem still remains (power drops + core clock drops). Sometimes the game get stuck on one frame and I could not do anything, so I had to restart it... I`ve test the computer with overclocking settings (CPU, RAM and GPU) and without it (everything on stock settings) - the problem still remains... than I tried PSU and GPU on another computer aand same problem... stutters and power/core clock drops. That means it is not PCI-E slot but most likely new PSU...
I`ve contacted EVGA and they asked me to request RMA...
Luckily I haven't sold my old PSU yet, of course I can`t play on it because it will almost instantly freeze the computer and hard reboot needed, but at least I can browse on internet =)))
Now I understand why people choose PS4 or Xbox =)))

Thanks everyone for the help! I will update the thread later...

Associate
OP
Hello Guys!
GPU still doesn`t work as it should be even with RMA replaced PSU, everything the same. I`ve already tried reinstall Win10 3 times... 5 different drivers and nothing... It just nightmare...
Also, I`ve tried again on my brother`s PC and on his computer GPU load jumping from 10 to 80%... very weird...
It supposed to be plug&play not plug&pain...

Last edited:
Associate
Hello,i sent my sapphire pulse 56 back to germany(where sapphire is located in europe) because i was facing the same instability issues ! Even going back to stock clocks (1474 boost) wasnt helping.
I am currently waiting to see if sapphire is going to sent me back a new one,since i really dont think there is anything wrong on my end.
Very sorry to hear that you have a brand new card also and not able to use it.

Associate
Unreliable chips maybe,once mine reached close to advertised boost clocks it immediately crashed.
You should definitely RMA it.
I really hope I didn't sent my card all the way to Germany just to get the same one back.

Back
Top Bottom