New VIVE Headstsap

Duo

Duo

Associate
I saw something online about a new VIVE headstrap coming soon, any news on when this might be available and maybe how much it would be?

I may be interested as its supposed to make the VIVE feel less front heavy.

Soldato
I saw something online about a new VIVE headstrap coming soon, any news on when this might be available and maybe how much it would be?

I may be interested as its supposed to make the VIVE feel less front heavy.

Some people on Reddit have it already along with the TPCast from an outlet in Germany.

Price, about £99.

Associate
I may get one of those straps when they are on general release. I like the built in audio. Just hope the vive mic works OK with VoiceAttack.

Duo

Duo

Associate
OP
I literally just discovered voiceattack thanks to another user on this forum.

£99 is ok i guess...pretty steep for just a strap but all the audio features makes it worth it...Does the deluxe strap come with a mic also? i thought it was just the headphones

Associate
If HTC are using the awful Digital River Ireland fulfillment service in the UK, then I'll wait for the strap to be available in retail. I'm not getting burnt by their shoddy practices again (massive fraud block on their transactions by major UK banks; charging in the wrong currencies; delaying delivery etc).

Associate
If HTC are using the awful Digital River Ireland fulfillment service in the UK, then I'll wait for the strap to be available in retail. I'm not getting burnt by their shoddy practices again (massive fraud block on their transactions by major UK banks; charging in the wrong currencies; delaying delivery etc).

Same here. My original purchase of the Vive on launch was painful.

Associate
Yes. I'm using the mic on my separate headset. Just need to test the Vive mic.
I switched to my modded headphones that are attached to the headset itself, this meant I had to also switch to using the Vive's mic for voice attack. It's awful so far. It must need tweaking. I had to shout the commands to get it to work.

Associate
I switched to my modded headphones that are attached to the headset itself, this meant I had to also switch to using the Vive's mic for voice attack. It's awful so far. It must need tweaking. I had to shout the commands to get it to work.

Oh dear, that's what I was worried about as the mic is quite a distance from your mouth.

Let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom