New Warcraft Guild for OcUK

Soldato
OP
Yeah looks good Glacius, not been in OCing in years. many years I might add.

Anyway guys dont forget to sign up for the event on Sunday. Got to get this raiding lark ball rolling :)

Soldato
OP
If wipe lots and struggle (even if tactics are known) as long as we all have fun that's all that matters. I will help with leading if things get to much I I'll brush up on tactics tomorrow night .

Soldato
OP
Ok guys I am just doing some research on the first 3 bosses in SoO and writing up a tactic break down for the 10m Normal version. Here is my first draft of the first boss. PLEASE tell me what you thunk and if it readable and understandable.

Immerseus
Make up: 2 tanks, 2-3 healers and mix of ranged and melee DPS

Tactic Breakdown.

2 Phases:

Phase ONE

Sha bolt. - Makes pools of water beneath players feet. Move out of the way at all times. High damage.
Seeping Sha. - Black/blue pools. After a few seconds they will spurt and cause high damage and push you in the air. Fustrating. Stay out of the way.
Swirl. - Boss will face one direction and after a short cast and sweep a corner of the room with frontal tidal wave. Minimal damage highly annoying.
Spread across the room with MT tanking at far side from entrance.
Corrosive Blast (Tank beware). - Frontal cone Shadow damage. Make sure NO ONE is in front of boss apart from MT. Once MT ahs stack, OT Taunt off him and repeat.

Phase TWO

Blobs. Two types. Sha puddle (Black) and contaminated puddle . Nuke as many of the Sha as you can before they get to the boss. Contaminated puddles need healing and if they get to max health before reaching the boss, all good. The more you kill/heal the less Corruption the boss has and his health goes down more at the start of the repeated Phase ONE. The Blobs/puddles will land at random places in the room. Try to get to the area where the majority of the blobs land to kill/heal them if you are in and area where there is one or two blobs, apply dots, (damage or Healing) and move to most congregated area and nuke.

Rinse and repeat.

Is this any good for you guys? I watched the fatboss guides on YT and typed this up as they talked.

Soldato
OP
That was fun.. We all managed to get to last boss in SoO and without mush of a hickup.. Oh wait.. we had a stupid healer who dies 4 times after 10 seconds of first boss.. haha.. fun times ahead. :)

All in all a GREAT night , we learned that inviting people who 'Think' they know what they are doing is bad m'kay.. Still FLR as a guild group is good. gets people used to tactics and the layouts.. Go for it over this coming week. get geared and lets get the SoO underway.

Soldato
OP
I have my original Orc Hunter on Argent dawn he's at 85 and just started the MoP quests. He was stripped naked ages ago as I never used him and so is now geared in MoP greens from the AH. I may consider bringing him over at some point.

The thing is I have NO idea how to play the hunter anymore. When I logged on him lots had changed from the last time I played with him.

Soldato
OP
I have a new recruit joined to day. He saw the thread on the wow forums. Hes Turkish and has been playing for 3 months. He was in Eat my Crit which is a perk guild and he has only done LFR, hes pretty well geared compared to most of us :p. He speaks good english but not heard him yet talk. He is polite and seems eager too. I told him about our epic attempt last night :) and also mentioned be patient with us. I think he will be ok. I did mention LFR are easy compared to normal and flex. Those he has not done yet. He has SoO completed many a time in LFR.

Here he is

Soldato
OP
Hi guys.. Big update on our website. Go there and take a look. If you have not signed up for the website please make sure you do as you WILL NOT be able to raid until some pre-requisites are met. Its not meant to be harsh but we need to make sure we are all familiar with the encounters and make things run smoother. For the time being we should all do as many guild LFRs are possible and some older raids like Woogie has mentioned.

As long as everyone has signed up to the website and at least got the first wing (LFR) under their belt with tactics understood then that is progress.

I will be upgrading the website today and also adding a donation widget for those wanting to keep it going. Its not much for a months sub so I will do it first. Ill keep doing it if needs be.

So in the mean time have fun and group as much as possible and get those SoO LFRs in and some older content. Make sure Mumble is used and that way we can decide who to mute :p

Soldato
OP
I joined a new facebook group last week. Basically it was to advertise guilds and recruitment. I have got an application form submitted on our website from some one who saw my post on this FB group. He seems pretty advanced and really good but has 4 alliance. He mentioned if things are good with us, as in we all gell and have fun he may move his toons over. I did mention on his app form we are horde and suggested he roll a new toon and join us to see if he likes us or not.

He could be a fantastic member after reading his application.

Soldato
OP
Can I assume we're doing LFR as the guild raid on sunday, so it's fine to do flex on my own server?

Also, to everyone who diddn't have it installed, GET MUMBLE FOR SUNDAY!

Possibly but we might concentrate on ToT normal so we get experience with mechanics and each other. Yeah we will over geared, most of us but still be a good way of progressing until we are happy everyone has a grasp of raid mechanics as SoO is harder obviously. People can still do LFR SoO so they can know what to expect and also everyone needs to sign up to the website and take in the videos and tactics for when we will be needing them.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I concur. Naz for instance. NO ONE goes after the adds in LFR despite the RL and me sometimes SHOUTING ADDS FIRST, DONT ATTACK IN DEF STANCE etc.. hardly anyone listens.. Does my head in. Not knowing tactics 100% myself It is still the basic ones that people don't understand, yeah its going to be harder in Normal or Flex but still. Damn LFR noobs :p

Soldato
OP
5 Members so far have filled out the pre-requisites section on our forums we need the rest of you who are wishing to raid to get on there, register and fill in the info needed. If we are to progress to SoO eventually we need this info asap. For now we will be doing ToT as our main weekly raid as it will be good practise whilst people get geared for SoO.

Back
Top Bottom