New Website

Soldato
http://smp.aeternum.co.uk/

Site is up and running and is available for all your (Linux) SMP installation needs!

Things that still need doing:

Add a WinSMP section

Correct any spelling/grammar
Correct any weird symbols

Fix any bugs you lot will no doubt find! :p

I have been looking at this site all day so I may well have missed various errors. It would be great if you find an error to let me know in here. This also includes any CSS weirdness [layout problems etc]. Try and be as precise as possible :)

I haven't tried it in IE yet but will do shortly.

Soldato
I do like the ice blue colour scheme :cool:

As for bugs all in IE6 ;)

smp2 - the hotlink 'next section [Install Ubuntu (VMWare)]' doesn't jump down the page.

smp2 - broken link to 'part 2 smp client installation'

smp2 - Under the Ubuntu Software tab, put a tick in the 4 check boxes. Click close. You may be told the information about the sources is out of date, simply click the “Reload†button. There you have it, all of the repositories have been enabled!

smp2 - In the document that opens replace “nv†with “nvidiaâ€

smp2 - [NEED INFORMATION ON HOW FEISTY HANDLES NVIDIA DRIVERS – DOES IT HAVE A RESTRICTED DRIVER ALSO?]

smp5 - The 'next' at the bottom of just loops back on its self (maybe a home link instead)

Also - not sure if this is on purpous - but all links that I've activated swap from bold to normal (I quite like it actually as it shows where you haven't been yet in a tastefull way)

Nice work SB :D

Soldato
OP
Trust you to find that lot!

smp2 is the longest page so I am not surprised I missed a few things. I will get on it later and upload the updated page.

The links are supposed to go from bold to normal when you have visited them. It's what Internet people expect, so who am I to disappoint? :D

Soldato
OP
Excellent site SiriusB - must have been quite a bit of work :)

I quite enjoyed it actually. Marking up all the content was a royal pain in the arse [and as evidenced by my mistakes, there was lots of it to do!]. If anyone knows of a utility that can do it for me in future, that would be great! Open Office and MS Word can do it but creates mark-up that takes an age to fix.

Next project is my own personal website. But I haven't decided what I am gonna put on it yet :p

Soldato
OP
Site renders well in Safari. Looks nice too. Good job SB. :)

Although you could make your credits a little bit larger on the footer.

Thanks for all your praise. And thank you shadow for finding all the bugs! They all should be corrected the next time I update the site with the WinSMP section. [If anyone wants anything specific added to WinSMP let me know].

Re the footer - yeah, in Linux FF it looked OK, but I have noticed its a tad small in Win FF. Will sort it next time I update :)

Back
Top Bottom