New Website

Soldato
I can't - (but that's not saying much :o)

Batch file - paste into word pad - saved as smp.bat - lives in same folder as Fah.exe. Personally I have a shortcut to the batch file on my desktop, but then again it's on 24/7 :D

If closeing via Ctrl+C you need to say yes at the prompt see screen shot.
If you say no it restarts the client

smpbat.jpg

Soldato
Having just gone through this process with batches, I thought I may as well post up the ones I used. I used cmdow (it works fine in vista, though it isn't officially supported) to control the visibility of the windows - one copy of the program in each fah directory, along with copies of the start, hide and unhide bats. The bats are then linked from the start menu and links to the starting ones put into startup.

start.bat
Code:
start cmdow.exe /RUN fah.exe -forceasm -verbosity 9 -advmethods -local
hide.bat
Code:
cmdow.exe "C:\Program Files\F@H\SMP Client 1\fah.exe" /HID
unhide.bat
Code:
cmdow.exe "C:\Program Files\F@H\SMP Client 1\fah.exe" /VIS

Soldato
OP
Amazing. Multiple desktops has to be one of the easiest, most elegant ways of spreading out and organizing your work. A bunch of guys with beards working from a shed and pimply kids in dark bedrooms can manage it, but not "we spent billions on Vista" Microsoft!

Soldato
Amazing. Multiple desktops has to be one of the easiest, most elegant ways of spreading out and organizing your work. A bunch of guys with beards working from a shed and pimply kids in dark bedrooms can manage it, but not "we spent billions on Vista" Microsoft!

Microsoft would recommend you buy another PC and a new copy of Windows. :)

To be fair though, this feature has only just made it to Mac OSX (Leopard) :D

Associate
A couple of suggestions for useful additions:

1. Setting two SMP clients on one machine (...as you can't move for quads around here now :) )

2. Transferring a SMP client from one machine to another (either Linux or Windows) without losing the WU being worked on.

ms9cw

Soldato
OP
I have bookmarked this thread and anything not yet added to the site will be done so either tonight or tomorrow.

Easier for me to do a big update in one go rather than a bit at a time :)

I might make it a point to update the website with any suggestions/corrections and updates every Friday/Saturday.

Soldato
OP
Could someone with access to Windows [almost all of you] work out a way for cmdow to work with the smp.bat file.

I think I know how to do it, but with no Windows machine to test - I dunno :p

Soldato
OP
When you run the smp.bat, does a separate window for the client open with it, or does it all stay in one window?

If it is one window then I can just tweak ANO's batches to point to smp.bat instead of fah.exe. But without a way to test I can't be 100%

Soldato
OP
It's the Man FROM U.N.C.L.E., noob!

Speaking of Uncles - I became one yesterday :)

EDIT

So, just to be sure, this is correct:

Code:
cmdow.exe "path\to\windows\smp\client\smp.bat" /HID

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Site has been updated.

Changes:

- Added paragraph on homepage introducing new Windows SMP page
- Added instructions on installing multiple clients to SMP installation page
- Added instructions on creating WinSMP batch file and CMDOW batch files to control visibility

To Do:

- Sort out display problems in IE
- Give .xhtml pages more meaningful names. The site is starting to grow and "smpX" isn't going to cut it anymore
- Move the whole site over to PHP so I can add new features [comments, easy editing of sections, search to name a few ideas]

As I said in an earlier post I would like to do site updates every Friday/Saturday, so feel free to make suggestions, comments, corrections etc.

Associate
1 issue with the FahMon instructions:
Do NOT sudo make, make on it's own will do.

Also, the download links will be changing along with the website, but this should make it easier as I'm going to symlink the current releases so they'll always be downloadable from the same location like fahmon-current.tar.bz2 or something like that.

Soldato
Looking good here. Sorry I've been a bit busy, so I've missed all the discussion above, but it looks like you've sorted it all out nicely. I would point out that it is IMPERATIVE that you have one copy of cmdow in each fah folder with its own bats, rather than in a parent folder (containing the client folders). Otherwise the work directory, the queue etc etc are moved to the directory that you're running the bats from and chaos will ensue.

Back
Top Bottom