New White Hart Lane - Delayed

Don
OP
The fact that they've not made that decision already makes me think they genuinely are going to move into the new ground for 4-5 games. I suspect the additional costs have hit them so hard that Levy wants to avoid any additional fees for hiring Wembley, no matter how insignificant they may seem in the grand scheme of things.

Don
OP
I guess another announcement can't be too far away now - Iinm Levy said 2-3 weeks in his last statement which was over 3 weeks ago now. The cynic in me wonders whether Levy's trying to delay releasing yet more bad news to protect Wembley attendances falling any further. With the exception of the Utd game, Spurs attendances have been consistently well below 50k and yesterday dropped below 30k.

Caporegime
As a Chelsea supporter I love it when Goons get all uppity.

Have to admit as a gooner I did enjoy seeing you get smashed 4-0 by Bournemouth and also getting beaten by the gooners, who get all uppity ;).

They're not as good as they were so they take it out on Tottenhan fans, it's just their coping mechanism.
Doesn’t matter how good we are or not, it’s still hilarious as hell that you still haven’t been able to open your new stadium. I don’t recall Arsenal ever having to delay their opening of the emirates.

Caporegime
The start of construction was delayed for a year because the club couldn't secure the necessary funding. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-stadium-delayed-until-2006-6cgtswmddm0. Arsenal had the luxury of building on a new site after failing to buy Wembley from the FA. Took well over 2 years to build as well. A lot of effort to build a dance hall for Jesse Lingard.

If Arsenal were knocking down Highbury and building a new stadium in it's place, if they couldn't secure the funding in time they'd be looking for a temporary home too.

It's a hugely complex project and 6 months or so delay is immaterial to the end result. The club already secured an alternative venue to play games at, should it overrun. It will be ready for next season regardless. All major construction projects overrun, it's just one of those things.

If laughing about it makes you feel better, all the better for you.

Caporegime
Well don't say 'I don’t recall Arsenal ever having to delay their opening of the emirates' when the opening was delayed by a year because you ran out of money and expect to not get pulled up on that fact :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I sit opposite a couple Spurs fans at work and since the Cup defeat the stadium is the only thing I can throw back at them when they talk about being above us and CL football. It’s defintelly desperate times for the ‘rivalry’. Life was easier when we had our annual St Totteringhams day

Soldato
When it is delayed why should you artificially delay it even further? Start of next season is ages from now.
I want to see it open right now.
Because it makes not sense to move into the new stadium a few games before the season ends.

Also, there was a rule stating how at the begining of each season, u can only register one home ground to play in.

Just wait and move into it at the start of the new season. patience....

Back
Top Bottom