New World MMO

Associate
Ok can i get some advise.

Im going hatchet, but which long range weapon should i go for.

It's preference really. Musket I believe is still hitscan so pretty easy to use if your aiming at someone. You can spec into a slight sniper spec which is quite nice for Fort War's.
The bow can have a higher damage cap but you have to account for arrow drop and the slower projectile so timing shots and tracking ahead is critical. The trapper tree looks nice but I only found it useful for PvE mostly where you know mobs will walk into the traps.

Not looked at Firestaff or Ice Gauntlet much but they're both ranged with good DPS (classic Mage type weapon). Firestaff I think has more AOE type damage and some maneuverability and Ice Gauntlet has a bit more crowd control.

Hatchet can also range if you spec throwing but it's pretty hard to hit anything too far away with the projectile curve.

Associate
I can't be bothered looking for an official update but the Australian servers have had their server cap increased by 500 so total of 2500.

Hopefully this will propagate through all servers and eventually see more of an increase in the future.

Associate
I went with Covenant.

During Closed Beta they were often the underdog and I think the reason (at least of me) was they way they are 'sold' as religious zealots (and some people dislike yellow...). Most jerkoff streamers seem to be going Marauder so didn't want any part of that.

In the run up to launch there was a lot of Discord co-ordination going on and each faction appears balanced but that's only looking at a community of 10k people or so. The general public may have other ideas.

Man of Honour
I still cant seem to find any information on whether or not logins will be faction balanced, I'm really curious to see if a server capacity of 3000 will have faction login limits to stop it being 2000 logged in from 1 faction and the other two factions then only able to log in 1000 between them. I wondered if they might set a faction login limit so that on a server of 3000 you would only ever get 1000 v 1000 v 1000 to aid in preventing imbalance but cant find any info on it.

Soldato
I'm liking the game. But there are some problems.

At the moment its very difficult to get support for the game.

When I go to the new world forum and try and sign in, it redirects me to an Amazon.com sign in page. I don't use .com I use the UK version. So I can't login to the forum.

My friends game keeps crashing during the tutorial when it asks the player to block, left shift. The game crashes at the same spot each time.

So support is lacking big time so far.

They need to start patching things asap.

Caporegime
I'm Marauder On bifrost, currently level 21

you can get chat in global talking about greggs really easy so it's obvious that a lot of players are from the UK

Marauder seems too dominant though I didn't check the map before I chose

Associate
I'm Marauder On bifrost, currently level 21

you can get chat in global talking about greggs really easy so it's obvious that a lot of players are from the UK

Marauder seems too dominant though I didn't check the map before I chose

urgh Greggs for people from the north who dont know what a decent sausage roll is

Associate
When I go to the new world forum and try and sign in, it redirects me to an Amazon.com sign in page. I don't use .com I use the UK version. So I can't login to the forum.

My friends game keeps crashing during the tutorial when it asks the player to block, left shift. The game crashes at the same spot each time.

Just reset your password on the .com page. It's like there is a global link between accounts but they're not synced.

For your friend they can always skip the tutorial bit. When they start the tutorial you can hit escape and in the menu there is a 'Skip to New World' or such option. You miss out on a free basic shield but if it gets you into the game then that's better than nothing.

Soldato
Just reset your password on the .com page. It's like there is a global link between accounts but they're not synced.

For your friend they can always skip the tutorial bit. When they start the tutorial you can hit escape and in the menu there is a 'Skip to New World' or such option. You miss out on a free basic shield but if it gets you into the game then that's better than nothing.

Thanks for the reply mate. I'll tell my friend that. She had some other errors last night when we was trying to diagnose the main problem. I think shes redownloaded the game today so hopefully we'll have no problems. But if she gets that glitch again then pressing escape like you said sounds like a good idea.

On the password signing up to the forum. I found an answer on one of the reddit groups that we can login with our Amazon UK details on the Amazon US (.com) site, so I tried it and it worked. So if anyone else is having that issue of being redirected then just sign in with their Amazon UK email and password detail and it should work.

Associate
The queues are nuts, i picked a server with a queue of about 80 people yesterday, logged in a couple times throughout the day with it going to a queue of 130 odd, and now today i log in at 3pm and this server has a queue of 2100!

bouncing around servers isn't my thing, i like to level one character please... LOL

Soldato
I didn't get a chance to play last night due to the queue, and tonight is looking like a miss due to work, hopefully they manage to sort the queue issues out over the next few days.

Man of Honour
I didn't get a chance to play last night due to the queue, and tonight is looking like a miss due to work, hopefully they manage to sort the queue issues out over the next few days.

Its the first weekend this weekend, I bet the queues are going to be nuts for the first weekend

Back
Top Bottom