New World MMO

Soldato
Think this is the first 'proper' MMO I have ever considered playing and only had a quick go at the beta, but did enjoy it.

Is the deluxe version worth the extra few pounds for the armour and skin?

Soldato
They've put a 'Global Announcement' out to EU saying to join other worlds if you're in a long queue - but no thanks, I'm enjoying the progress I've made on my char...

Associate
Bloody servers, the eu server I signed up to on release as it was low now has 1000+ all the time. Very stupid idea to stagger region release and even worse to wait two weeks to allow people to move servers.

Soldato
Friend of mine isn't too happy at all. Like me, he only has limited time for gaming and he hasn't managed to get into the game once yet, and seeing as how queuing counts as game time Steam won't offer him a refund.

Associate
Friend of mine isn't too happy at all. Like me, he only has limited time for gaming and he hasn't managed to get into the game once yet, and seeing as how queuing counts as game time Steam won't offer him a refund.

The more I do get to play the more I think this isn't the game for those with limited time, it seems very much like you need a ton of time as it's going to be a grind.

Soldato
I enjoy the grind, even if I'm behind people in terms of where my progress is at. But limited playtime isn't necessarily the thing, it's sitting in 2 hour queues and then being bounced out to start queuing again.

Associate
Well for the 6th time in a queue, been booted out of it every so often past 4hours trying to get in and if i just click "ok" it still doesn't remember my position.

Associate
I enjoy the grind, even if I'm behind people in terms of where my progress is at. But limited playtime isn't necessarily the thing, it's sitting in 2 hour queues and then being bounced out to start queuing again.

Apparently if you knock off the popup and leave it, the game will put you back into your queue position. Those who click play get put to the back again.

Might be crap as I read that on reddit.

Soldato
Mack is correct in the WAB video and just proves what I said a while ago, namely that only having a ridiculous small number of skills for each weapon will get very old, very fast. It's almost as if they've designed the game to cater to the idiot generation rather than people who play proper 'full-fat' MMOs.

Caporegime
lol @ WAB getting angry because someone skinned his kill.

Maybe it was someone from a different faction and that's why there was no respect.

Yea only 3 skills is kinda lame but it was meant to be a pvp game so maybe it seemed better for balance.

No mounts, yea well mounts usually kill the chance of pvp in games and running doesn't really feel that slow anyway imo

Only seeing a few people being PVP flagged, the people doing the PVP quests will be PVP flagged though obviously. In the first few days people just wanna enjoy the game and level up in peace, is it really surprising ?

On Bifrost I'm seeing a lot of messages about forts and towns being attacked and in the Faction channel people are often scouting enemies or trying to defend places.

The PVP seems to be there if your looking for it.

The world being the same so what? it's the new world. most countries are mostly the "same" so it doesn't really bother me, it would if all future content was the same.

I don't get the hate for a £35 game without a subscription, any other company would have charged £50

switching from a pure PVP game to PVE obviously set them back a lot I guess in time the PVE will get better everything now is obviously rushed

people probably biased because queues

Soldato
lol @ WAB getting angry because someone skinned his kill.

Maybe it was someone from a different faction and that's why there was no respect.

Yea only 3 skills is kinda lame but it was meant to be a pvp game so maybe it seemed better for balance.

No mounts, yea well mounts usually kill the chance of pvp in games and running doesn't really feel that slow anyway imo

Only seeing a few people being PVP flagged, the people doing the PVP quests will be PVP flagged though obviously. In the first few days people just wanna enjoy the game and level up in peace, is it really surprising ?

On Bifrost I'm seeing a lot of messages about forts and towns being attacked and in the Faction channel people are often scouting enemies or trying to defend places.

The PVP seems to be there if your looking for it.

The world being the same so what? it's the new world. most countries are mostly the "same" so it doesn't really bother me, it would if all future content was the same.

I don't get the hate for a £35 game without a subscription, any other company would have charged £50

switching from a pure PVP game to PVE obviously set them back a lot I guess in time the PVE will get better everything now is obviously rushed

people probably biased because queues

50 Bezos points have been credited to your account.

Soldato
I really don't mind it being simple, I love how casual it is. Gone are the days where I can sit in front of an MMORPG for 15 hours a day with no responsibilities with a hot bar of skills longer than my arm. For what it's worth this is a fantastic chilled little MMO.

Back
Top Bottom