New World MMO

Soldato
would recommend buying it? im really tempted even at £30 but not sure on its longevity

You'll get your money's worth if you like a chilled grinding experience in a pretty setting, but there's little else, the economy is knackered, the PvP is a joke, and the game has plenty of bugs and now it appears the game is client side based which leaves it open to every exploit under the sun.

It's not a proper MMO either, and there's no end game, it is content light, and people tend to get bored at lvl 30.

BUT, loads of people have really enjoyed it as a chilled grinder - but you're right the longevity is not there.

V F

V F

Soldato
You'll get your money's worth if you like a chilled grinding experience in a pretty setting, but there's little else, the economy is knackered, the PvP is a joke, and the game has plenty of bugs and now it appears the game is client side based which leaves it open to every exploit under the sun.

It's not a proper MMO either, and there's no end game, it is content light, and people tend to get bored at lvl 30.

BUT, loads of people have really enjoyed it as a chilled grinder - but you're right the longevity is not there.

Sadly most games are like this today. It's really cheesing me off and it's all for the purpose of cost cutting for a really crappy experience. That includes dedicated PVP games.

I really miss the days of dedicated servers.

Soldato
Sadly most games are like this today. It's really cheesing me off and it's all for the purpose of cost cutting for a really crappy experience. That includes dedicated PVP games.

I really miss the days of dedicated servers.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I don't care for PvP games these days, apart from the toxicity, is the rampant cheating.

Associate
7% of the total population has hit lvl 60 so the number of people experiencing the current endgame stuff is pretty limited for people to keep saying stuff isn't good.

There are a lot of people happily playing...and a number of people reporting that they're unhappy playing...but are still playing.

There are end game issues being fixed weekly so when the casual player base gets there it should be OK.

Personally I've really enjoyed it so far. At lvl 54 I've mostly solo'd stuff and enjoyed it. This game is hardly a grind and pretty easy going...for those that call it grindy...they've never played the classic MMO's from the 90's and early 2000's. I honestly think it should be harder (perhaps not the crafting though....need a million iron ore to get a number of professions maxed)

Soldato
7% of the total population has hit lvl 60 so the number of people experiencing the current endgame stuff is pretty limited for people to keep saying stuff isn't good.

There are a lot of people happily playing...and a number of people reporting that they're unhappy playing...but are still playing.

There are end game issues being fixed weekly so when the casual player base gets there it should be OK.

Pulling numbers and using it to justify your opinion doesn't say anything more/less about all the other differing opinions. Hardcore players make up a tiny amount of any MMO player base, their usually the group of players that find the most problems, bugs, exploits and problems with the game. Their often the most vocal and critical but are also some of the most important group of players for an MMO's growth and longevity.

The game is short by MMO standards, endgame is lacking and many of the criticisms out in the open are valid reasons for critiquing the game.

But you know what, you're level 54 and (still) enjoying the game and that should be the most important thing for you. If you continue to enjoy it then that's great. I'm curious to see your thoughts once you've seen everything at max level.

Associate
Pulling numbers and using it to justify your opinion doesn't say anything more/less about all the other differing opinions. Hardcore players make up a tiny amount of any MMO player base, their usually the group of players that find the most problems, bugs, exploits and problems with the game. Their often the most vocal and critical but are also some of the most important group of players for an MMO's growth and longevity.

The game is short by MMO standards, endgame is lacking and many of the criticisms out in the open are valid reasons for critiquing the game.

But you know what, you're level 54 and (still) enjoying the game and that should be the most important thing for you. If you continue to enjoy it then that's great. I'm curious to see your thoughts once you've seen everything at max level.

Without entering a handbag match (and my response is not directed at your quote) the opinions on this forum are pretty low quality for all those that base their opinion on the opionion of someone else (streamers? for what they're worth).

Check https://www.exophase.com/achievement/new-world-steam/2434003-progress-vi-that-it-what-else-you-got/.

My figure was low as it was a bit old...now it's 8.7% of people reaching level 60

I'm out of this thread....filled with pointless spam from people grinding post counts. If you're not playing the game why bother complaining here all the time? If you don't like it...have some conviction and come back in X months like many have said and then complain.

And there we go...I've contributed more pointless drivel to this thread...I guess your winning.

Man of Honour
come back in X months.

Yup thats still my plan, I've said ever since beta that I would wait until Dec 31st and see how the game is doing at that point before making a buying decision and would just keep an eye on the game until then. Thats always been my standpoint and I'm sticking to it. Amazon has virtually unlimited money to turn this game into a MMO which meets my standards so its only ever been a question of if they will, I gave them a deadline of Dec 31st to do that , or to at least be starting to turn the game into more of an MMO by then, I'll keep watching and keep seeing if they are going in the right or wrong direction before the time runs out.

Back
Top Bottom