New Xonar drivers for D1 / D2 / DX / D2X

Associate
For old games I use compatibility modes on Vista so they work. For example Grandia 2 I set its compatibility mode to Windows 2000 this allows the game to operate functionally in Vista

However using the modded STX drivers while using compatibility mode prevents games from launching when they have compatibility enabled. if its disabled the game will launch as normal.

My sound card is a Xonar DX btw. I appreciate the work you are doing, as Asus seem very slack, a shame because otherwise the soundcard is awesome.

Associate
How did you mod them. :)

Simple enough first you take for example a modded set already navigate to its Vista\SoftwareDriver\INI you will see a file called cmudaxp.ini open it up with notepad (i use notepad++ but you don't have to I just prefer it) what you are after in this file is PCI VEN line mine looks like this. Yours might be different depending on which Xonar card this example is for the DX and the Vista X64 driver as its what I own.

PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043 = WDM_CMPCI6

Copy this string and now navigate to the same folder in the HDAV driver set. You will notice the file name is different (cmhdav.ini rather then cmudaxp.ini) but thats the file you need do not rename it, and open it up.

Now you want to paste the above string under and replacing whats already there under [CMEDIA] so it looks like this.

[CMEDIA]
PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043 = WDM_CMPCI6

Save and finally navigate to your Vista\SoftwareDriver\driver (of the HDAV drivers) and open up the file XonarHDAV.INF. there are two strings you need to replace in this file.

One under [ASUSTeK] and one under [ASUSTeK.NTamd64] but your not interested in the first part of the strings so ignore the %CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCI, and %CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCIX64, bits what you need to change is what comes after PCI\VEN, so for DX users just copy and paste this

PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043

When completed looks like this.
[ASUSTeK]
%CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCI, PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043

[ASUSTeK.NTamd64]
%CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCIX64, PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043

After editing both of those lines save and exit and run setup, if you followed correctly it will work. Btw I have no idea if this is the efficient way of modding drivers however it worked for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
New Beta Drivers.

Just noticed a new beta version has been posted for D2X dated 20/3/2009 on their website.

Beta Version 6.12.8.1764

Description Xonar D2X Windows Vista32/64bit driver
1. Fix BSOD issue when running the Dxdiag application.
2. Fix the wrong 5.1 Channel audio output in Red Albert III.
3. Fix Swedish issue.
4. Fix the issue that when you minimize UI into taskbar, you cannot reopen the UI from quick start.
5. Fix the issue that the VovalEX(ChatEX and Magic voice) may not work in MSN.
6. Fix the issue that Winmp may has no sound when enable GX function.
7. Fix the issue that ASIO may fail in Steinberg Sequel 2.
8. Fix the issue that when the VocalFX\Magic Voice function is enable, Magic Voice function is still working after the call end.
9. Fix the DDL+SVN full issue.
10. Fix the BSOD issue when playing WoW.

Caporegime
Just noticed a new beta version has been posted for D2X dated 20/3/2009 on their website.

Beta Version 6.12.8.1764

Description Xonar D2X Windows Vista32/64bit driver
1. Fix BSOD issue when running the Dxdiag application.
2. Fix the wrong 5.1 Channel audio output in Red Albert III.
3. Fix Swedish issue.
4. Fix the issue that when you minimize UI into taskbar, you cannot reopen the UI from quick start.
5. Fix the issue that the VovalEX(ChatEX and Magic voice) may not work in MSN.
6. Fix the issue that Winmp may has no sound when enable GX function.
7. Fix the issue that ASIO may fail in Steinberg Sequel 2.
8. Fix the issue that when the VocalFX\Magic Voice function is enable, Magic Voice function is still working after the call end.
9. Fix the DDL+SVN full issue.
10. Fix the BSOD issue when playing WoW.

Bloody useless those, so gone back to these STX modded ones.

Installed the Vista 64bit set in Win 7, but everytime i try and change the drop down speaker option to 5.1, it comes up with the old blah blah blah has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution rubbish. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom