Newbie Vikki's AMD Phenom II x4 computer/DAW?/build thread...

Having downloaded the updated drivers from m-audio for my audiophile 2496 and midisport everything seems to be working ok, so far!:rolleyes:

I have also downloaded a health status checker as you recommended and just wondered if everything here seems to ok ...

Thanks
Vikki

Well, everything seems to be running OK:D. I will run it a few days and see what's cooking...:eek:or not - hopefully..??? Just spending all my time loading all my software most of it's going on OK with win7 x64 update downloads from the web - this bits actually more time consuming than the actual build because you don't realise until you build a new DAW just how much stuff you've accumulated - bit of nightmare really.

EZdrummer seems to be my main issue right now because I've tried to load from my old disks and they're obviously incompatible:rolleyes:. It worked at first but as soon as I tried to load the extension kit it wouldn't have it:mad:. It seems you have to download the whole of your products from your toontracks account to make them work with win7 x64. Then the updates, then the extension kits and their updates and each time you add to it you'll have to authorize it before it'll let you work with it.

The downloads from the web onto my laptop take more time than the actual upload to the new DAW because the DAW is sooooooooo much faster:cool:. My first attempt it tried to unzip the whole prog to my memory stick - :o and when I stopped it from doing that it corrupted :eek:- lesson learned moved whole thing across before opening zip....doh!

I'll keep you posted....;)
Vikki

I only just got to this, but notice there's no dust filter on the bottom of the case - so that PSU will suck dust into itself. Might want to flip it.

Are there any filters you can get to put in the fan hole apertures to stop dust. I've got a approx 120mm fan hole in the top of the case and am frightened in case any bits get and drop onto the motherboard, etc., is there anything similar to put in the bottom of the case to prevent dust being sucked up into the psu.:( I had thought of something like a piece of cooker hood filter but can you get a framework to fasten in or do you have to use your imagination????;)
Thanks
Vikki:D

O.k. really pleased with this machine, great results.......Moving on a wee bit i was thinking of treating myself to a new monitor, is 24" a good size to get, maybe 2 one for the main recording display and one for the mixing page. I guess the first move would be to get a graphics card that would output to 2 monitors, can anyone suggest a suitable one?
Vikki:D

Not playing any games, just for multitrack recording use......don;t want to spend an absolute fortune, but if you could give me a few options that would be great!
Vikki:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom