Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
OP
Email from the BZG group.

"In response to the numerous reports in the world media this morning, we would like to comment as follows, we can confirm that representatives of His Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team, about the proposed acquisition of Newcastle United Football Club.

"We view it as an honor to have the opportunity to build on the strong support, history and tradition of the club.

"We have agreed terms and are working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity."

Soldato
OP
Can't wait to wake up in the morning to this has all been a scam and takeover is off.

Raffa walks and Pardew is returning to the club.

Life as a Newcastle supporter.

Soldato
OP
Seems the guy is legit and his group are highly thought of and very successful. He's not Mancity rich.

Still time for MA to invite them for a curry then insult them all and call off the deal.

Soldato
OP
People seem to forget Newcastle are still in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe. With a little investment on and off the pitch would could become a competitive football club again.

We have went backwards under MA.
Agree, hope to be wrong but don't expect to be.
His Group has made a new statement. They are going through the fit for ownership process.

Proof of funds was shown to Mike Ashley's lawyers in April.

Man I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it seemingly went dodgy this morning and now they are claiming it's with the EPL to sign off :p

Still not believing a word of it mind :D

Now the PL are now refusing to comment on the matter and NUFC now doing the same. If it truly is a farce surely the Club would have said so by now. Or do they have to keep quiet for legal reason?

Gahhh this could go on for weeks just to get a kick in the nads.

Soldato
OP
I'm saying nout lol

Not happen we are not that lucky. These guys are the richest in the world.

111billion turnover in 2018 that's the difference this time. These guys have the money were others where struggling.

This does have legs but MA will **** it up just like he did with the guys that got City. Think he insulted them in a famous hotel spat.

He be looking his his gruby fat hands on shirts rights and advertising wait and see!!!

Soldato
OP
Hypocrites meh I couldn't give two fiddles about world politics. It's no different than the Western World selling their souls to China at every chance they get.

What I care about is my football club getting its passion back.

For the past 13 years it's slowly been strangled. Fans have been lied to. Taken for granted.
Watching club idols getting threated like dirt.
Having its assets striped and sold.

Most Newcastle fans just want to see a little bit of investment on and off the pitch.

With the Ruben brothers involved there will probably be a good bit of investment into the local area's as well.

I'm freaking hyped and I make no apologies about it!!!!

Soldato
OP
Local knowledge, investment opportunities in properties, redevelopment projects?

Stavely looks like she's going to run the club.

The SIF have been investing and buying shares in multiple business. They probably see this as a long term investment project.

I just want a push in the right direction and the club to show a little ambition.

I believe the deal is done it's just the waiting period for the owners test.

With major investment on and off the pitch being confirmed from the Brothers.

Soldato
OP
Like I'm only guessing :)

NCUK investment Limited at company house recently updated it's director to Yasir Othman Alrumayyan. So they are involved. He's the head of the Saudi PIF. (Need to get these abbreviations right)

Maybe they just don't want to deal with Mike and that's probably a good enough reason as any lol

Soldato
OP
Dunno but Newcastle would seem to be a really poor investment if they didn't invest heavily on and off the pitch.

Yes we are a massive club but we have fallen behind because of mismanagement for the past 13 years.

It's probably a bit of both of PR/investment. Like 300m is chump's change for these guys and they are not afraid to buy businesses in decline in this market.

Like you said also a City style turn around will be quite tricky so all area's of Newcastle have to be improved.

That's probably why they are happy with the brothers and Amanda involvement as they seem really passionate about pushing Newcastle in the right direction.

Orrrrr a full buyout will happen after the deal is done like you said lol

Soldato
OP
City were a bottom tier side and they bought really poorly for a lot of it. Newcastle has the stadium, facilities and fans. They just need a couple hundred million in the right areas with players and I do not see why they cannot be up there. Outside the top six their revenue seems to be one of the best. Not bad for a club that hasn't been at its best at recent times. They should get Benitez back tbh as well.
Yes I believe it's only recently that Newcastle slipped out of the top 20 football club rich list.

They have a far far better base to build on than City but can not go mental like they did because of FP rules.

Looks like Yasir Othman Alrumayyan will be chairman. With Jaime running the club daily once he leaves QPR.

Soldato
OP
I believe Newcastle is one of the biggest draws in the prem league outside the top 4.

You only have to check out the slump in skysports viewing numbers when they dropped out of the prem league.

Newcastle were pulling in 3.5-4m million views for the FA cup clash Vs Oxford recently.

They are a popular team.

They just need a push and show ambition.

Soldato
OP
That's not a problem your asking genuine questions.

Think I said before Newcastle have declined massively under Mike. Everton, westham and spurs have surpassed them.

It's the potential Newcastle hold and that is huge.

Soldato
OP
This is pretty interesting the more you look into it. The Reuben brothers just by them self's would nearly be the richest owners in the league at 18 billion never mind the Saudi's PIF.

There has to be major investment into the city as well.

I know FFP is now in the premier League but is there anything stoping Aramco Oil sponsoring the shirts for 1billion over 4 years?

OFC this deal could still break down but it's never been as close!! And as far as I can see Mike needs the cash because of the virus.

Soldato
OP
It be an interesting couple of weeks for sure.

I know very little about FFP or how it works.

I believe for the owners test they had to submit a 3 year plan of expected income and investments and their overall plan for the club.

It's quite clear they are coming to make their mark so big things will happen. Why waste their time if that is not the case.

There was story's a month or two ago about Allegri having talks with the Saudi's about Newcastle if the takeover happened. Now the odds have been slashed.

Soldato
OP
None of those issues will stop this deal. It would not fail the ownership test. That's the only thing in the way and the new owners meet every single criteria.

The only people that can stop this is the government and well they holding hands with the Saudi's. Also the Rebeuns are very heavily linked with government.

Wouldn't be surprised if Richard Keys is behind it lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom