Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
I’m still yet to be convinced, in terms of sinking money into north east clubs. We have large local fan bases, but in terms of location etc Not a lot else to offer. If you sank half a billion into NUFC, what would you have to show for it?

Soldato
In football money attracts as does success. I don't think I was alone in thinking the same about the decision to buy Man City at the time thinking that wouldn't go anywhere but if you win enough and pay enough players will follow.

They will/would be up against it though competing against London clubs as it's more attractive location wise but that's the same with the Manchester clubs and Liverpool.

Don
I’m still yet to be convinced, in terms of sinking money into north east clubs. We have large local fan bases, but in terms of location etc Not a lot else to offer. If you sank half a billion into NUFC, what would you have to show for it?
Assuming this is legit then it's not a typical business investment, it's a political investment. It's about boosting the image of the UAE so when the oil runs out they have other income sources and also to protect themselves against any fallout in the middle east. How many people knew about Abu Dhabi before City's takeover? At best we knew it as Dubai's ugly brother.

Soldato
OP
Seems the guy is legit and his group are highly thought of and very successful. He's not Mancity rich.

Still time for MA to invite them for a curry then insult them all and call off the deal.

Soldato

To be fair if you get some decent cup runs and show progress up the league off the back of this takeover - that success should breed more.

Maybe not to the level of Man City, but even competing regularly for top 10 places would be good progress and that's do-able.

Soldato
Newcastle is a sleeping giant tbf. I can see why this deal will go through. Already got a decent manager there, a big stadium as well, The Toon were getting 45,000 to 50,000 fans in the championship.

Spend 150m in the 1st season, 500m outlay in total and a chance at the top 6.

They need a spine in that team, CB, CM and ST. Will be interesting to see who they sign.

Soldato
Assuming this is legit then it's not a typical business investment, it's a political investment. It's about boosting the image of the UAE so when the oil runs out they have other income sources and also to protect themselves against any fallout in the middle east. How many people knew about Abu Dhabi before City's takeover? At best we knew it as Dubai's ugly brother.

I don't think they would like a load of boozy geordies going to visit, walking round half cut with their tops off.

And that's just the women :D

Soldato
The language has took a distinct turn today with Cashley asking them to "make a move" as predicted it's all BS, it's already beginning to go the way of the Staveley and Kenyon farces :p

It was a fun dream for a day or two :p

Caporegime

North east is ripe for investment in football. It also makes perfect sense. Newcastle have a huge fan base, massive stadium. Only negative is having another club fighting in the top 6. Eventually some of the big clubs will be unable to compete.

Soldato
The language has took a distinct turn today with Cashley asking them to "make a move" as predicted it's all BS, it's already beginning to go the way of the Staveley and Kenyon farces :p

It was a fun dream for a day or two :p
Yep just as I though it would do, my prediction for the next 5 weeks, Rafas contract runs down as the parasite “can’t offer a new contract agreeing to his terms when in advanced discussions to sell the club” we get to June 30th Rafa leaves then Discussions break down for the takeover because the parasite changes the goal posts. Parasite gets to appoint a new less outspoken manager with less demands rinse and repeat for the new season. Feel free to screen shot this for when it comes to pass.

Soldato
Yep just as I though it would do, my prediction for the next 5 weeks, Rafas contract runs down as the parasite “can’t offer a new contract agreeing to his terms when in advanced discussions to sell the club” we get to June 30th Rafa leaves then Discussions break down for the takeover because the parasite changes the goal posts. Parasite gets to appoint a new less outspoken manager with less demands rinse and repeat for the new season. Feel free to screen shot this for when it comes to pass.

Agree, hope to be wrong but don't expect to be.

Soldato
OP
People seem to forget Newcastle are still in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe. With a little investment on and off the pitch would could become a competitive football club again.

We have went backwards under MA.
Agree, hope to be wrong but don't expect to be.
His Group has made a new statement. They are going through the fit for ownership process.

Proof of funds was shown to Mike Ashley's lawyers in April.

Man I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Soldato
People seem to forget Newcastle are still in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe. With a little investment on and off the pitch would could become a competitive football club again.

We have went backwards under MA.

His Group has made a new statement. They are going through the fit for ownership process.

Proof of funds was shown to Mike Ashley's lawyers in April.

Man I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Yeah, it seemingly went dodgy this morning and now they are claiming it's with the EPL to sign off :p

Still not believing a word of it mind :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it seemingly went dodgy this morning and now they are claiming it's with the EPL to sign off :p

Still not believing a word of it mind :D

Now the PL are now refusing to comment on the matter and NUFC now doing the same. If it truly is a farce surely the Club would have said so by now. Or do they have to keep quiet for legal reason?

Gahhh this could go on for weeks just to get a kick in the nads.

Soldato
This has classic Ashley "see I tried to sell but they weren't serious" smell about it.

Ill believe it when it happens and if it does happen, get Rafa a new contract and give him some money... I don't care for billions just enough to make us a little more interesting

Don
Well this seems to have gone quiet. Every cloud has a silver lining though - I'd imagine the reports done wonders for season ticket renewals.

I just had a little look back and it's over 10 years since Ashley put Newcastle up for sale now, you could be mistaken in thinking that he doesn't really want to sell.

Caporegime
Well this seems to have gone quiet. Every cloud has a silver lining though - I'd imagine the reports done wonders for season ticket renewals.

I just had a little look back and it's over 10 years since Ashley put Newcastle up for sale now, you could be mistaken in thinking that he doesn't really want to sell.

I was talking about this to my Newcastle supporting friend and he said exactly the same thing. Simply a ploy by Ashley to sell season tickets!

Back
Top Bottom